Cat Herders: Shenandoah Valley Inmates

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Nov 3, 2008.

1. goosecreek

goosecreek Ashes ashes all fall down Supporter

Oddometer:
    Some one has to be there to close rain flys.
    Dirtleg and dstutz like this.
  2. goosecreek

Oddometer:
    :lol3 hey Wayne:stfu
  3. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Can't blame that one on boot laces :lol3
    Dirtleg and goosecreek like this.
  4. Evil_Chucky

Evil_Chucky Whiskey Stealer

Oddometer:
    Nice catch. Did you mount the front end in your wall?
    goosecreek and Dirtleg like this.
  5. DragonJoe

DragonJoe Don’t know whatcha don’t know Supporter

Oddometer:
    93B7A7DB-7B1F-477A-8971-2B2A79828C87.jpeg 6A56C1C9-3C99-446D-911D-1F5BF03E6EB4.jpeg

After riding the TAT on my DR650 last year I stored it in WA for 2020
    rides out there. Recently Bought a 2013 WRR off Craig’s List and been servicing and getting used to it here in VA. Nice to be lighter. It’s a bit twitchy and playing with suspension settings. Don’t want to spend a bunch on that if I can help it. Went for about 100 miles Saturday. Up Rough Run, (a lot of OHV’S) Long Run and Dry Run. Nice weather. Pic is during a snack break with the nats and ants. Getting old sucks.
  6. goosecreek

Oddometer:
    :photog I was trying/had forgot about that. At least it wasn't documented. @DCrider
    DCrider and Dirtleg like this.
  7. BlakKrauStudios

BlakKrauStudios I'm cool... right?

Oddometer:
    I took the twin out for more love on Saturday, before it got too warm. I'm really liking the handling the clip-ons give. My back f&#$*ng HATES them, but it does handle better. :)

[​IMG]

And speaking of food trucks, I supported my local taco truck after my ride.

[​IMG]

Most people know about Alex's here in town. And he has FANTASTIC food. But sometimes I like going to TLA, because it's closer, and... yeah, I can't think of what else.

[​IMG]

I had the Al Pastor, with a bottle of Jarritos and the red sauce.

Why the red sauce? I'm glad you asked. :)

Well it seems I hate life, and hadn't had a good cleaning of my internal GI tract in a while. I also forgot that TLA's milder sauce is green, while Alex's milder sauce is red. So I screwed up. Big time.

First bite and I was like "Wow! That's a kick!", as the sauce coated the inside of my mouth in a fire-like film that the Jarraitos was unable to cut through. So naturally, I put more on the second taco, because along with a spicy blast that kicks like an abused horse, apparently the vapors kill brain cells responsible for reasonable thought.

By the time I got to the last taco, I was on my last napkin, and wondering if rolling around in the dirt behind the picnic table would be a reasonable coarse of action to dull the pain. It was either that, or run into traffic. The horse-kick that the sauce was delivering? Someone fed the horse cocaine. And PCP. And hooked it up to a car battery. It simply would... not... STOP.

I put on my gear and mentally prepared for the 1/2 mile ride back to the house, hoping that the gyroscopic action of the bike would keep me going, should I pass out from the pain. I parked the bike in the shed, and was unable to respond to my neighbor's question of "How was the ride?" asked from his kitchen window. I believe my response was something of a muffled scream, not unlike the sound of a wild jackle shooting nails out of it's mouth.

Inside, the gear came off, and I headed for the shower, hoping that the cool water would help. Certainly the cool, cascading water from the shower would bring down the lava-induced flames that engulfed my skull.

When I finally regained consciousness, the pain had finally left, and my temperature had lowered to what felt like a sub-fusion level.

I'll save the details of the inevitable evactuation. Nobody needs to hear about that. Ever.
  8. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a bottle of that stuff needs to make it to Laurel Fork during a gathering... should make for a good party favor based on the rumors I've heard.

:lol3
    eddie bolted and DCrider like this.
  9. Buckee

Buckee Scott

Oddometer:
    Thanks for not sharing what happened on the way out. Hope you’re OK.

Even so, I have a brief story. A buddy used to bring ridiculous salsa whenever we’d get together, always in a mason jar and better than anything anyone had ever tasted. Yeah it was hot, but it just had some depth of flavor that made it seem more like food and not a condiment (umami they call it nowadays?). You could not stop inhaling the stuff. I was young and going through a phase where I liked it HOT, so kept kept challenging him to have his “guy” make it hotter. His guy by the way was a salsa moonshiner who made the stuff in his garage, down in Richmond somewhere.

This was my wife’s fault btw, she can outshoot, outski, and out “hot” me blindfolded.

Well Jim brings up a jar that was dark as molasses. We were already a few beers in, so as the night went on the dark tar kept going in, chased by more booze to cool the flames, chased by you can guess the rest.

I have had a vasectomy from a female doctor, asked for ED drugs, and endured dozens of prostate exams, but never been more embarrassed to say “Doc, I have to show you something you don’t want to see” & then spread my cheeks to show him blistered volcanic lava covering the entire crevasse. Holy crap it hurt, not on the inside but outside.

I’d have killed him if he wasn’t a friend. He said “Drink lots of water”.
  10. Dirtleg

Dirtleg Shop Local Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep. That's @goosecreek riding.
  11. Dirtleg

Dirtleg Shop Local Supporter

Oddometer:
    I haz an WRR.

Those tires are sketchy. My opinion.

I could not get comfortable on that bike until I swapped to a knobby tire. DOT of course.

They are nice on the street. I'll admit that but off pavement was less than happy fun times.
    Creekgeek likes this.
  12. DragonJoe

DragonJoe Don’t know whatcha don’t know Supporter

Oddometer:
    I agree! Probably a Dunlop and Mt21 in my future.
    Dirtleg likes this.
  13. DCrider

Oddometer:
    Going no-facilities camping with the family this weekend and was Amazon shopping last night for one of those toilet seats that snap onto a 5gal bucket, looked at the reviews and some dude posted a pic of his trophy WTF ! :lol3 Bizarre things is they are all sold out.
  14. WayneJ

WayneJ What?

Oddometer:
    Ozark Trail snap on toilet seat w/cover.

In stock at all the Walmarts around here.
    DCrider and Iron Cross Junction like this.
  15. BlakKrauStudios

Oddometer:
    As a surveyor with what might possibly be undiagnosed IBS of some sorts, I could shame a bear on the places I've had to unwillingly talk to a man about a horse.

To paraphrase what I heard a priest say, "I go where the good lord needs me to go. And I don't argue about it." Although I have a feeling he may have been talking about something else.
  16. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does a Surveyor s**t in the woods?

When necessary...
    BlakKrauStudios likes this.
  17. DCrider

Oddometer:
    :thumb Yep found it at DC wally world
  18. DCrider

Oddometer:
    All this shit talk belongs in the SMIB thread!
  19. mudcrutch

mudcrutch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey @goosecreek ! You caught any Trans-Alp's sliding off a slippery slope lately?

Yuk, yuk. Wink, wink.
  20. BlakKrauStudios

Oddometer:
    Indeed we do.

There's a lot of things we can do in the woods. Fall down. Swear at trees. Run from bees, while also accomplishing the first 2.

And if things don't go well, we'll shit too.