CEDRIC the entertainer, epic central coast ride coming.

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by dyvking, May 2, 2008.

1. WallyWhirled

WallyWhirled Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hell No it's not too late. Bring it on!

Get your room sorted in Santa Maria for Saturday night. Most people seem to be staying at the Motel 6. I think a couple of people may be still interested in sharing a room. ddennis and h8chains I believe are possibilities if you want to bunk with someone check with them.
  2. WallyWhirled

Oddometer:
    Walt,

And still another participant to add. Not sure why he hasn't posted but his room is definitely already booked. Yes I do know why he hasn't posted, he's the world's biggest slacker and procrastinator and perpetually late.

Can you add Jeff to the "In" list also?

Thanks,

Wally
  3. dyvking

dyvking ahead of his flamin star

Oddometer:
    2old2race is 2in!
    Which Jeff?
  4. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:

If I ride my GS, I think I will be able to keep up with Bob on pavement! :lol3
  5. ddennis669

ddennis669 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That looks like a good deal. I already own two of those and a trailer, so I would recommend that combo to any of you. Talk about an adventure. :rofl

6. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    I plan on meeting the group in Pozo to run High Mountain Road. I have family commitments earlier in the day. On day two, I'm going to try and meet up and run refugio rd through west camino cielo to Cold springs.
    Colson Cyn and East camino Cielo will have to wait for another time.
  7. WallyWhirled

Oddometer:
    Not sure what his ADV handle is. Jeff Endean is his real name, or so he says.
  8. NSFW

Oddometer:
    The TKCs arrived this morning and I :wink: feel better!

Wally, does Jeff still needs a wheel for his GS12? I have a spare set of spoked rims! Please contact Jeff and have him call (818-268-1549) or PM me! Those coming, feel free to store my cell # on yours, we might need contact info during the ride.

Thanks WW!
  9. WallyWhirled

Oddometer:
    Joel, call Jeff. Looks like he definitely wants the wheels. He just left you a voice message.

You're phone number is stored but.........you don't REALLY think there will be mobile phone coverage where we'll be going do you???

Wally
  10. NSFW

Oddometer:
    Thanks W, I got hold of Jeff.

You mean, no bars on my cell phone! :eek1 I guess the significant halves will be waiting for explanations when we get back! :lol3
  11. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:
    I goofed up, this is on Fathers Day weekend. I have very few fathers days left to spend with my dad so I will be spending it with him. I have started a thread to honor our dads http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349447. Would love to see a pic and here about your fathers.
  12. NSFW

Oddometer:
    No karma for me riding. My father visited us in 1990 and stayed with me at the time. Then 18 years later, he still lives with me. There are times that my personal life and privacy are not mine, but I always feel that he would not be around too long, so I let him have the extra bedroom.

I think he would not mind not to see me for one more weekend. :lol3

Wally and others, I'm preparing a gpx route for next week's ride, those coming along and want it, pm with your regular email address. I was amazed that we will cover a lot of dirt! This is a true dual sport ride covering unfamiliar roads and trails for me! Good job W!
  13. WallyWhirled

Oddometer:
    Oh Yeah! Lots of dirt on this ride. I'd say close to 200 miles. It's incredibly beautiful too.
  14. WallyWhirled

Oddometer:
    Any potential last-minute participants please indicate your participation now. On Thursday I'll provide actual numbers for our dining reservations.

Reply by Wednesday.
  15. NSFW

Oddometer:
    OK, ALL I NEED FROM ALL YOU FFs IS STARE AT IT FOR A FEW MINUTES!

[​IMG]
  16. Windrat

Windrat just a poser

Oddometer:
    Looks like were not going to get the rain that I ordered. But I'm still going
    just need to change the tires.
    :beer
  17. ddennis669

ddennis669 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Add DarrenO :deal
  18. KLR_Woody

KLR_Woody pass the noobage

Oddometer:
    Will we be traveling along groomed fire roads or are there some stretches of road that are loose and steep?

Debating on if I should change out my rear tire to a knobby from a D/S tire.

I read somewhere here that it's doable for a GS so i'm guessing my current tire is OK.

Woody
  19. NSFW

Oddometer:
    I'm puttin on Sahara's on mine!
  20. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would like to ride with you guys on Sat. Sunday is no good for me. I'm just trying to figure out where I'm going to end up at the end of Sat ride? Anyone else want to do Sat ride with me then split from the group around 4ish and head back for home? :ear