1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Center Stand for XR650L and XT225

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Cigar Mike, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cigar Mike

Cigar Mike Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer:
    I actually went into my shop yesterday to do a welding project and I finally found the center stand I removed from my bike. A customer put some special paint on one for me to try out and that is the one on my bike now. I took this one off to install that one. This stand I had on my bike for a couple of years and it worked perfectly.

If someone is interested, send me a PM. $100 plus shipping. I noticed I have the parts to assemble one more new XR650L stand. I will put that together in the next few weeks to get rid of the lose parts. I will post here when it is done.

Stand is spoken for.
  2. XR350R

XR350R Slasher

Oddometer:
    We are nearly ready to release the Honda XR 650 L center stands - exactly the same as Cigar Mike's ( & with his blessing ) I am just trying to make sure that the quality is as good as his ( I have had one of his on my XR for 3 years now ) as South Africa is in millimeters so it is ' slightly ' thinner material than his that he made in the states ( your steel is in inches I think ) This is a pic of our second one off the press.

Attached Files:

3. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    That looks good to me. Did you powder coat or paint? I am happy for fellow L owners that they will be able to get a stand again.
    HiHOSilverGS likes this.
  4. Appraiser

Appraiser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope that you are making a lot of them for the inital wave of people who will want them. I know I have been waiting since I got my bike. Please make sure you post here as well as other places when they are ready for purchase.
  5. XR350R

XR350R Slasher

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike, we have powder coated them so that they stay ' painted' for a while longer. I ended up cable tying some plastic tube ( split down the middle ) on to the crossbar as this takes the brunt of the stones coming off the front wheel.
  6. KaptSlo

KaptSlo In Idaho, never admit you moved from California. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please tell us you're going to pick up the R&D on the US/CA TransAlp center stand... :ear
  7. mchester

mchester Honda Cult Member

Oddometer:
    Mike, you provided a terrific product for many of us XR650L riders and what was mentioned as a failure by ONE person was seen as a feature to me and others. The fact that your stand balanced the bike so closely to the middle meant you could control which wheel was elevated by shifting small amounts of weight forward or back. This made your stand invaluable for on the trail tire/wheel maintenance.

Now if I could just get a center stand like this for my wifes DN01. That low production bike will likely never have such a stand made, unless I make one someday. LOL

Thanks again Mike for all the hard work and excellent spirit of ADV that you have always shown. :freaky
  8. Hazman27

Hazman27 The Haz

Oddometer:
    Please PM me when you begin selling the center stands, Thanks
    Haz.
  9. stnick

stnick Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @ MCHESTER from Marysville...
    You are quite the Cleric being able to tell the world my stand is so finely balanced I can easily determine front or rear off the ground with very little weight... yet you have never communicated with me in any way and you've never seen my bike. Why don't you stick to Cades Cove loops and Dollywood cause you sure as hell don't know what you're mouthing about regarding my POS Cigar Mike Stand. My Jacket, Helmet and Gloves on the front fender wont lift the rear wheel. As for only one bad stand, if you had the bad one you'd be pissed too!
    Here is your quote:
    "The fact that your stand balanced the bike so closely to the middle meant you could control which wheel was elevated by shifting small amounts of weight forward or back. This made your stand invaluable for on the trail tire/wheel maintenance."
  10. wkndman

wkndman XT250 Burro

Oddometer:

STNICK Why don't you sell me your stand for a fair used price, win-win, you get rid of your problem and I'll try to fab it to my XT250. If it doesn't work, it's on me, I'll blame no one, fair?? PM me
  11. mchester

Oddometer:
    Nice to hear from you stnick, long time no talk. Let's keep it that way going forward, shall we?

I never mentioned one word about YOUR situation, your bike, your riding habits, your repressed anger, or your obvious need to blame others for your problems. My post WASN'T ABOUT YOU, it was about me and my experience.

What I DID do was thank Mike for providing ME and others with a great product that has severed us well for many miles of use and abuse. If Mike were to offer another product I needed I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. You are right about one thing, I don't know your situation details, but I DO know mine and others that are perfectly happy with the stand. I am just as entitled to MY opinion as you are to yours. If you don't like it, that's just too damn bad. Good day and good riddance to you.

12. mchester

Oddometer:
    I was going to offer the same to stnick and try to modify it for the DN01. Good luck with him.
  13. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    That sounds like you improved the design already. How much would it cost for shipping to the states in U.S. Dollars and what is the cost for the stand in U.S dollars? I have no idea what the conversion is.

It cost me about $80 to ship to Australia using U.S. Postal Service. I am thinking it should be a bit less from your country to here. It would be nice if someone here would distribute the stands in the States.

I thought about making an adjustable stop on the stand so that the balance point could be modified for bikes that are loaded but never figured out a way this could be done without causing other problems. Custom heights were popular though since some bikes were lowered or modified to SM.

Good job and thanks for making them.

Cheers,

Mike
  14. ZX10R203

ZX10R203 n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone make one for the Husky SM610??
  15. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I don't know of anyone. But I don't keep up with it anymore. You might try specific bike threads or Cafehusky for a better answer.
  16. Appraiser

Appraiser Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Unless I missed it somewhere... How much do they cost and or when will they be ready for purchase and the most important where can you get one. My xr is in need of a center stand.
  17. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I don't make stands anymore. See post 502. I believe they are the only ones making a stand for the L. He has a website with products for the bike.
  18. dcparks

dcparks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    was lucky to find one second hand. works perfectly. forget the :huhfellow who could not figure out how to get his rear wheel off the ground. and im still trying to work out how a guy could get his leg caught between the sidestand and centrestand. dude, side stand first, then centrestand. not at the same time.

observe back wheel, floating effortlessly off the ground. can do the same with the front just as easily....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

up and out of the way:
    [​IMG]

well designed and well made thank you sir!
  19. thebigman

thebigman XR's all the way . Big Thumps or V-twins

Oddometer:
    I'm sure nothing but at least the quality of CigMikes or better will be available soon .

:freaky:clap:deal:norton:D:1drink
  20. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    That sounds promising.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.