1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Center Stand for XR650L and XT225

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Cigar Mike, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XR350R

XR350R Slasher

Oddometer:
    I am hoping to have some out soon. Everything went dead over the Christmas period wit the industry holidays. I might be able to send one or two stands, at a time, over with my mate who travels to the US quite often. This will get the postage down a lot. i will keep everyone in the loop as soon as they start coming off the press.
  2. KaptSlo

KaptSlo In Idaho, never admit you moved from California. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any chance of a US Spec Trans Alp center stand in the works? Our's didn't come with the factory mount points :(
  3. TexBB

TexBB Old fella

Oddometer:
    Any news on the center stand? We need another CigarMike!
  4. Cigar Mike

Cigar Mike Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer:
    I have had several people contact me about fabricating stands based on my designs. So far only one has followed through. Unfortunately for those in the states they are located in South Africa.

I am thinking that the only way I can help is to post how I fabricated the stands. I have some rough sketches that may be helpful for do it yourself types as well as those that would be interested commercially. I will list the hardware I used that can be found at most local hardware stores or home improvement stores.

I will start working on this once the weather turns and I can get at the shop again. The shop is now storage and will take time to sort out. I will try and get some info out by summer.

I never did this for the money, though it was nice to have some extra cash. So if there is someone out there that wants to go into business. Go for it with my blessing.

For you Transalp owners. I have not given up on completing the design. But I am old and easily distracted by other activities.
  5. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Here are some of the sketches I have for the XR650L. I did not have that many because after I made the parts to copy and the jigs it was just a matter of following the steps to make them. But this is a start. I will take some pictures of how I did it and post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The part that connects to the bottom of the bike is the only touchy part to make where it has to be the correct angles to catch the cross bracing. I thought about making a simpler way for the connection but decided to keep it the way it was to better handle hits.
  6. XR350R

XR350R Slasher

Oddometer:
    We have almost caught up with outstanding orders, it is not as easy as it looks to make, so will have the next batch out in 2 x weeks or so. We are managing to get them carried over to Washington and then posting from there so freight is a lot more affordable in the US. www.dirtbikeafrica.com
  7. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    That is good to hear.

Are you interested in the stand for the TE610/630?
    Walterxr650l likes this.
  8. XR350R

XR350R Slasher

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike, yes please send me the plans to info@dirtbikeafrica.com . There are not many of these models in SA but it will be good to have the plans for just in case. Maybe the USA boys need them ??
  9. Thumperama

Thumperama We are the 'Berg - Resistance is futile

Oddometer:
    Would love to see the plans for the TE610/TE630. Quite a few folks here would love to have one.
  10. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    I designed the stand from the parts fiche for the Husky. I will post some pictures with the dimensions. Very simple stand to make.
    Thumperama and WILL_S like this.
  11. Thumperama

Thumperama We are the 'Berg - Resistance is futile

Oddometer:
    Still very interested.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Walterxr650l likes this.
  12. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Sorry, been busy having fun. I will try and get to it next week when I have more time.
  13. HiHOSilverGS

HiHOSilverGS overthehilldirtbiker

Oddometer:
    I am considering an upgrade of my XT225 to a 2013 XT250, but not finding a center stand available for the XT250.
    I really love the center stand on the xt225 and not having one for the XT250 is really a biggy to me.
    Anybody know where to look for one?
  14. EOKYLE

EOKYLE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a Center Stand from Antony (XR350R) and I am glad I did! He was such a pleasure to do business with and the stand is absolutely awesome! I would highly recommend his stands.
  15. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    That is good to hear.
  16. thebigman

thebigman XR's all the way . Big Thumps or V-twins

Oddometer:

I agree , Anthonys products , especially the center stands is just as good as the MAN Cigar Mikes stands .

Walterxr650l and EOKYLE like this.
  17. Cigar Mike

Oddometer:
    Design wise the same but better finish. I just spray painted mine.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.