Central Rally 7 "BaconBeerBikeHugfestapalooza" 8/1-8/10 2014

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Bonebag, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    If this goes through, it only means that ATVs will continue to be prohibited so there is no change to what has been the case for years (until a few weeks ago). A problem that could arise if the antis are successful is that some people might make a move to restrict dual sporting. I don't see how they could ban it, but it could be possible for them to figure out some other restrictions that could be unpleasant.
  2. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer:

:nod :cry
  3. Cooksend

Cooksend Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NO ATV's in Vilas County has been a hot topic for the past 12 years. A large and vocal group of Anti's has been beating this down and finally we have our foot in the door. Approx 1 month ago a vote by the NEW Vilas Board put provisions in the next 15 year forest service plan for ATV Travel on Vilas County Forest Lands and Forest Roads. We have another vote coming up on Tuesday for the town of Phelps. We really need to keep winning the small battles in hopes that Vilas County see's that there is room for both Silent and Power sports. Below is a list of Vilas County Board members. Please copy and paste then send them all an Email as to why you believe ATV trails and Routes in Vilas County are a good idea.

Thanks for the post Brian and correct me if I made any mistakes on what is taking place!
    willyotterpohl@gmail.com;chhaye@co.vilas.wi.us;hrayala@centurytel.net;vewigg@co.vilas.wi.us;rocaff@co.vilas.wi.us;erteic@co.vilas.wi.us;rodebr@co.vilas.wi.us;marykim.black@imaginehomelending.com;caritt@co.vilas.wi.us;wamaci@co.vilas.wi.us;arkund@co.vilas.wi.us;stdoye@co.vilas.wi.us;wabeve@co.vilas.wi.us;glneagls@newnorth.net;jerry@burkettrealty.com;sparkyblu@gmail.com;kisimi@co.vilas.wi.us;maroga@co.vilas.wi.us;paul.hennes@gmail.com;rabell@co.vilas.wi.us;onde@newnorth.net;
  4. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Day 1 we arrived to this and set it off with a bang!
    Thanks Zora for setting up a b-day party!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a night!!
  5. gravityisnotmyfriend

gravityisnotmyfriend °.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.°.

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up - today is the last day for that sale, and Cabella's online does have the sale price. Free shipping to your door, too. I just finished my order - grand total was $249.99. Regular price shows up as $499.99.

Thanks for the tip, Cannon!
  6. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    So is everybody on FB now? There's like 50 million pics of the rally there and not many here. There should at least be a few here since it is an ADV rally.

Day 2-3 Keweenaw peninsula shenanigans.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. LoJack

LoJack Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not. Much to the chagrin of the folks I like to tag along with. Always having to text or pm me if somethings going down.:lol3
  8. dsm_rally

dsm_rally The Lorax

Oddometer:
    We like you anyway. :feelgood
  9. LoJack

LoJack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shucks. :shog
  10. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    Oh I know! Amy couldn't wait to friend you.
    Left her heartbroken you did....:cry

[​IMG]

:lol3:freaky
  11. LoJack

LoJack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, I guess I play hard to get.:D She'll just have to wait to see me until next year. I certainly enjoyed meeting both her and you.:freaky

Thanks for the reminder of Tom's Burned Down. That was a fun day!
  12. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    This track takes you from the rally site to the Iron Mining Museum at Negaunee. You can join a three hour tour of an active open pit iron mine starting and ending at the museum.

I recommend you make reservations as the tour often fills up. There is a $15 fee for the tour that covers bus transportation and expenses for the tour.

You will be required to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, and hearing protection which are provided by the tour host. There are also restrictions about what clothing you can wear. Get the information when you call to sign up for the tour. 9096-226-6591

Tours are offered June through August, Tuesday through Saturday, and they run from noon until 3PM.

After your tour, stop down at Jackson's Pit in Negaunee. Good food and beer. 305 Iron St, Negaunee http://www.jacksonspitnegaunee.com/

Seems like it is around 120 miles to get to the museum. Allow 2 1/2 hours for travel.

I really enjoyed this tour. Word on the street is that if you don't take it you're a dope.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll get to walk about a mile through this processing facility and you'll get a look at some big mining equipment at the adjacent maintenance shop.

[​IMG]

Track can be downloaded here.
    OU812 likes this.
  13. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Spent some time with the Vilas County Board Chairman today. Talked a lot about some initiatives there involving dual sporting. I've had a positive dialogue with him for quite some time. He says he also has been informing people about the Central Rally as another example of how dual sporting can benefit the county. This is a very positive sea change about motorized recreation in that county.
  14. Butcho

Butcho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Vilas County has the best riding. Thanks Cannon for all you do for our sport.

So much riding....so little time.
  15. Benduro

Benduro L.A. face with the Oakland booty Supporter

Oddometer:
    Otto is a belly-rub magnet!
  16. LoJack

LoJack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Otto love you long time. :wink:
  17. sideshow

sideshow debaser

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the late "Thank You!"

I missed CADVR due to a not-so-spectacular interaction with a deer in the U.P. While I hardly feel like I know a fraction of the CADVR-goers, it was clear that many chipped in to help me out. You know who you are (unless maybe Bonebag had already untapped the good stuff). :lol3

Laying on a stretcher 300 miles from home, I received texts from people, some whom I didn't know, wishing me well. I must say that when your arm bones are no longer attached to your hand bones, positive thoughts go a long fscking way. Finally starting to feel almost normal, not that I ever was.

Special thanks to VWBoomer, Benron, and C-Squared for retrieval, storage, and (what were they thinking!) RETURN of my bike. Getting my bike from the great white north back to so-central WI would not only be difficult in my condition, but probably really expensive if the tow company were holding it all this time.

Moto-people = the best kind of people. :freaky
  18. Mark_O

Mark_O Drain Bamaged Supporter

Oddometer:
    ADVers are the best kind of people!!
    OU812 likes this.
  19. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I kept eye balling the lights, you know the ones that almost fell off in the crash?:evil
  20. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3