1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Central Transport Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 9Dave, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Cletus Runswithscissorsguy

Cletus Runswithscissorsguy hiding in plain sight

Oddometer:
    Headed from Cincinnati, Ohio to Charlotte, NC either Jan 7th or the 14th weekend, via Lexington KY, Knoxville, TN, Asheville NC. Not sure which weekend yet, but could haul either direction for fuel and a 5th of bourbon. PM if interested. Enclosed van, 48" height limit. Could pull an open trailer (UHaul type) if you pick up the rental.
  2. Proveick

Proveick Long timer

Oddometer:
    If anyone has room for a bike, from Kansas City to CO in the next couple of weeks please PM.
    Thanks
  3. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone within a reasonable distance of Madison, WI heading towards Massachusetts in the next 30-60 days? Trying to put together a sale on my small toyhauler for a potential buyer out that way. Conventional shipping via a transport service is crazy expensive.
  4. Holden

Holden Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bultaco!

I am the potential buyer - any help in getting it east is greatly appreciated.
  5. Highside>Lowside

Highside>Lowside Hairier Than Thou

Oddometer:
    I might be on my way to MD next week, but that still puts me close to 6 hours away, unfortunately. :/
  6. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    Taco, I might be heading out to NY soon to pick up a hellofacopter. Taking out an equipment trailer. How long is your toy hauler and could you pm me what it pays if all plans work out? I will find out more on the timeline tomorrow. I think we are just waiting for the weather to get better out east. Also what's the height?
  7. divotdm

divotdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking to get a KTM 250sx from Oakland California to the Midwest. Open time frame.

Thanks,
    Dave
  8. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    I need a 6' Ronald McDonald statue
    (No I am not kidding) hauled from newton NJ to indpls Indiana or port Huron Michigan or anywhere in Ohio close to I-75 or anywhere in Indiana along I-69
    Columbus. Cincinnati Dayton Toledo
    Detroit fort Wayne indpls. All good places for a clown pickup. Thanks Doug
  9. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    I'll be leaving NYC headed west along 80 headed to Helena MT. I'll be empty until Helena.

Here's my route more or less. I was considering stopping off at Standing Rock to see it in person and hopefully not get shot by rubber bullets or hit with a fire hose.

The Des Moines stopover is a maybe, I have a friend who moved there and started a farm. I have family in Detroit and Chicago I was also thinking of stopping off to see if I have time.

[​IMG]

Return trip will have a long stopover in the Twin Cities to visit a friend who may tag along headed back east. We'll stop by Aerostich en route back home so that trip may look something like this.

[​IMG]

I'll be using either a double trailer or possibly just a hitch carrier. The bike I'm picking up is a lightweight.
  10. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    Where in North Dakota? Will this include beer and whisky?
  11. locopny

locopny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Detroit area, MI to Ellendale,ND....room for a bike? 450ish lbs

meet part way? its approx. 1000 miles.
  12. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead Perenial Noobie!

Oddometer:
    Pewaukee....Lakes, Rivers, Kettles, and Moraines
    Wish I saw this earlier...I "just" booked R/T flight from MKE to Boston for mid-February. Sorry!
  13. matthaiduk

matthaiduk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody happening to be heading from the Albuquerque, NM area to anywhere between Peoria, IL and Madison, Wi in the next 60 days? I'm trying to get a 690 Enduro up towards Chicago and would love to pay for some of your gas.
  14. MileEater4ever

MileEater4ever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MAY have an empty (non-enclosed) motorcycle trailer going from central Michigan to Kansas City about 4/1. (depends on the weather - if it's gonna be nice that first week of April, the wife would haul the trailer out there while visiting the kids, and I would ride the ST1300 out a few days later and trailer the bike back to Michigan). Could haul up to 3 dirt bikes, or 1 heavy bike out there. Again, depends on weather conditions during that first week of April.

Sing to the one who rides across the ancient heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky. Ps 68:33
  15. BIG OIL

BIG OIL Loooozer

Oddometer:
    I will be leaving Southern Michigan, driving to the DFW area sometime between April 20th-May 10th, staying until mid-late May. From DFW, I'll be staying near West Monroe, LA for a few days before heading North back to Michigan. If anyone needs anything hauled/picked up along or adjacent to that route, I'd be glad to help.
  16. ed mocz

ed mocz Las Vegas Supporter

Oddometer:
    Long shot but, ya never know. Looking to have a car or two hauled from the Chicago/Milwaukee area to Las Vegas the end of August.
  17. MileEater4ever

MileEater4ever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Say "Hi" to the Robertson clan - that Duck Dynasty bunch cracks me up!

Tom
  18. BIG OIL

BIG OIL Loooozer

Oddometer:
    They golf at the course where I stay when I visit down there, they are very small, skinny, tiny guys. Video makes them look bigger than they are, apparently!
  19. BIG OIL

BIG OIL Loooozer

Oddometer:
    Would it be possible for you to get the 690 somewhere DFW? I'm tentatively traveling to the area around the end of the month and will be coming back to Michigan early May, if everything goes to plan!
    Three Crates and matthaiduk like this.
  20. Highside>Lowside

Highside>Lowside Hairier Than Thou

Oddometer:
    I could probably do that. What are the details?