Central Transport Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 9Dave, Oct 15, 2012.

1. millesecond

millesecond Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be leaving Louisville area 5/31 +/- with room on my trailer for a bike.
  2. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try.

A friend needs a 26 foot boat moved from Northern Illinois to the Charlotte, NC area. Nice boat on a tandem axle trailer. Towing weight of about 7,000 pounds so it will need a full size tow vehicle. I'm sure we could find a way to get it on a flatbed if necessary.

He's willing to pay, and would like to have it soon.

We checked Uship, but that remains an option, but is pretty pricey.

PM me here for details.
  3. mnormand

mnormand Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another longshot... Looking to move my old CJ5 from SW Lexington Ky area to south central Louisiana... Move some motorcycles and Jeep, easy deal ! :evil

Uship and CD bids are perculating, but takes a while... :ear
  4. Mr.Dabalina

Mr.Dabalina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking to have my 04 mdx moved from my house in bloomington IN to 96th street in Indianapolis. It's stuck in third or fourth gear so it MAY be able to drive up a ramp depending on how steep an incline.
  5. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:

Uhaul rents tow dolly cheap for the day, maybe best option?
  6. Mr.Dabalina

Oddometer:
    Thanks Doug. Flat bed is the only option. I brought a sound I heard up to them pre purchase and they said its "standard" for this vehicle. Well... Less than 3000 miles and the trans pooped. They are going to inspect to see what the problem is and determine if they will pay. They better, otherwise, I'm out 6k on a vehicle I payed 11k two months ago.
  7. mnormand

mnormand Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Uship.... I was successful with the Jeep...sorry to post that on adv, but was in a bind for a short while.

Tip: if you post on Uship and not getting much offers/action, go to the list of shippers, and start sending them direct notices of your outstanding bid. Pretty easy. I sent this to about the 1st 50 in the list, and sure enough, a small hauler responded, a few questions, and he confirmed the bid, all done. He picks it up tonight. :clap:rofl

I've used Uship before, but just waited and let it cook for 3-5 days until some bids came through. This was much quicker hitting them up direct.

Good luck to all!
  8. Mr.Dabalina

Oddometer:
    Looks like uship is the way to go. So far low bid with a company with a perfect rating is $80 less than what I was quoted.
  9. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead Perenial Noobie!

Oddometer:
    Pewaukee....Lakes, Rivers, Kettles, and Moraines
    ...via I-80...in my car.

I can accomodate items small...a suitcase or such.

Will be departing MA on the 5th, arriving (after several stops) around the 10th of July.

PM me with details if you have something that needs a ride to or from...

Sliante!
  10. Davis53

Davis53 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am buying a motorcycle from a guy in Ferndale, MI, which is near Detroit, and need transport for the bike to the Sacramento/San Francisco area. Anybody heading west?
  11. Merk67

Merk67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this is the right place, but I'll give it a shot...

I have airline miles that are about to expire if I don't use them soon. And I could use a mini-vacation.

So, if you live in the Wisconsin area and want to purchase a bike somewhere else in the country but don't want to pay to have it shipped, I'll fly and ride for you. Hopefully you'll buy a goldwing, GS, or something comfortable like that... but within reason I'll ride just about anything reliable.

I realize that trusting a new (to you) bike to a total stranger who will ride it cross country isn't easy. PM me for phone number and we can discuss.
  12. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Neat idea, and I for one hope that it works to the benefit of all parties.
  13. DualDog

DualDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am trying to get a bike transported from me (in Galesburg, IL or somewhere within reasonable distance) to a buyer in the state of Maine. Buyer says if he can get it anywhere in the Northeast it would help (he even mentioned Boston area). If you are going this way, they buyer says he will help with gas fees or pay your transport fees.

Send me a PM if you are going this way and have room to haul.
  14. Bbbent

Bbbent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had my father-in-law's 650 Silverwing Scooter at my house for 3 years. he'd like to get it down to Key West so that he can ride it there (no shifting in all that traffic)

If anybody is headed to Florida and has room to transport PM me and we'll come up with a price. If you're going all the way to KW, great. If you're getting as far as Miami or Homestead or Daytona we can work out a way for him to meet you.

Not looking for any particular date. Just throwing it out there.

Thanks!
  15. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at buying a couple of bicycles long distance/sight unseen (except for photos) in Indianapolis. Is there anybody that could pick them up from the local Goodwill and bring them to Barber's in October? I'll spring for beer/food/gas......

Thanks,

Frank
  16. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody heading south from Huntsville that has room for an old Schwinn bicycle? I have an old road bike at my sister's house in Madison and don't know when I'll be up that way soon. I'll spring for lunch if somebody could meet me w/ it in Evergreen.

thanks

Frank
  17. DaveRMS

DaveRMS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

Title says it all. Our race team just purchased a Dakar bike in Kansas City. We need to delivered to Co Springs or Denver ASAP.

Anyone headed that way?

Thanks,
    Dave
  18. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I am going down to Wisconsin and coming back with an empty trailer (maybe, either way, I'll have room for 1 more bike), Labor Day weekend.
  19. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    I have an agreement with another inmate for a wheel set to be sold; looking for anyone headed from Omaha to Columbus (OH) in the very near future.
  20. Robb

Robb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Prospective buyer (an inmate here) is looking at a bike I have here in Milwaukee WI, would need transport to Harrisburg PA area. PM if you have space. Thx.