Central Transport Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by 9Dave, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Robb

Robb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Need to get a motor/frame (650cc twin) from Milwaukee WI area to westland MI 48185 or thereabouts. Anyone? PM me, thx!
  2. PinkRims

PinkRims Art Major...

Oddometer:
    Madison to Minneapolis area to Madison this weekend and in the near future Madison to Minneapolis area to Madison, Madison to Duluth to Madison, and Madison to Fargo to Madison. Space for a bike or two in all directions. PM for more details.
  3. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    done
  4. MileEater4ever

MileEater4ever Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sold my V45 on eBay and the buyer needs to get it from central Michigan to Salt Lake City area. Any takers?
  5. czonian

czonian Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bought a small bike in Ceder Fall Iowa. Anyone traveling from up there to the panhandle of Florida or lower Alabama. Another possibility would be Barbers vintage festival in Birmingham Al. Gas and beverage money of course.
  6. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I have decided that trips with my family need to be higher priority. I have a rocking wife (Mala Bunny) who rides, and an awesome son (Alex, AKA Minion Rabbit) who wants to share the adventures. So, next summer, I'm taking my son along for a proper ADVRider style adventure. We are going to truck the bikes from N.E. Ohio to Denver, and do a loop of Colorado. We'll do the cross country drive just like we do the run to Baja, switching drivers and keep on rolling.

A rough itinerary:

• Pre-load bikes and gear on Tuesday night June 30th, 2015
    • Leave home Thursday evening, July 2nd after work
    • Arrive in Denver on Friday July 3rd, parking truck at arranged storage for a week.
    • Saturday the 4th to Friday the 10th gives us 7 days to ride a loop around the state and return to Denver. We can use a mix of BDR routes and other stuff, make it fun but not too tough.
    • Saturday the 11th pack truck and leave for home.
    • Sunday the 12th back home.

Being as how we have this big ass truck (see below), I'm throwing it out to the asylum to see who else may want hauled out to Denver to enjoy a week of riding. I have at least 1 interested part already, but I can haul more bikes than people. If you have an interest in riding Colorado for a week, but want to skip the boring drive across the plains states and fly into Denver to hop on your bike (we will take your gear as well), then put your bike back on the truck a week later and fly home, it can be arranged. Basing our truck in Denver gives anyone interested the ability to really make the week of riding your own, just have the bike back at the truck a week later and have fun in between.

I may have a seat in the truck available as well, but have to offer it to friends first.

<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i4d1ou9h/n417/cf12/cm0/cu5/ct0/cs0/ca0/co1/cr0/ss0/cacf90/cpc444/pct/tcfff/fn3/fs100/szw448/szh189/tatColorado%20or%20bust./tacf90/tptColorado%20or%20bust./tpc000/iso2015-07-02T17:00:00" frameborder="0" height="66" width="226"></iframe>

[​IMG]

Major changes have occurred, we aquired a new bike hauler:
    [​IMG]

Complete with MotoLift:
    [​IMG]

Should be able to get a few bikes in here:
    [​IMG]

7. DualDog

DualDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Muddyrabbit

Am I missing something here. Where are you leaving from or are you willing to pick up cycles at or along the way. Maybe I missed your location??
  8. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    Says north east OHIO in heading.
  9. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Well, I suppose NEO seems obvious to those of us who live in North East Ohio, by may not be quite so obvious to the rest of the world. Apologies. And yes, would be happy to pick up in Illinois.
  10. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    I don't live there but I know how to read signature lines :roflI was told years ago never to return to ohio by a DOT man.
  11. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    They tried to deport me.
  12. Bbbent

Bbbent Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still have this need in case anybody is headed to FL for xmas. :)
  13. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Separated at birth

Oddometer:
    Let's see what happens:

I have a Res Car that I have offered to a church in KC area. It was running but isn't at the moment and the church receiving it can get it running.

Not urgent it I would rather not shovel around it if possible:D.

Shoot me a pm if you can help.

Thanks!
  14. ghostrider.y2k

ghostrider.y2k ride enything but HD

Oddometer:
    On Dec 26 I be leaving for 10 day in Florida, we only taking 1 bike with us there. I have two spots left, one on the back of the truck and one inside our toy hauler.
    I can take full size bike in the trailer and smaller bike on the truck.
    Same on the way back to Chicago.
    Please PM me with any Q's.

[​IMG]
  15. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    I will have an empty truck going from CHI to STL and back to CHI between Christmas and New Years . If anyone needs a moto transported , I can do it . Cant be anything bigger than a sportbike or Bonnie , like bike .
  16. eldomike

eldomike Who Cares Supporter

Oddometer:
    Traveling to South Florida in January(probably from middle to the end)...anybody need anything moved going or coming?
  17. KawiPhilLay

KawiPhilLay Banned

Oddometer:
  18. error cooled

error cooled anything but asphalt

Oddometer:
    Long shot but.....

Any chance anyone is towing / trucking out to the East Coast with room for a small dirt bike?

I have my eyes on a small XR200R and am looking for a way to get it out here.....

Have looked at UShip but have not been able to find a quote for less than $400..

Thought I might ask around here just in case.

Thanks!
  19. MMMOTORCYCLE

MMMOTORCYCLE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Longer shot....
    looking at getting a thumper from Oregon to N.Illinois
    Mike
  20. Soldier311

Soldier311 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I may need a bike transported from the Flint, MI area between now and summer if anyone is headed down south (I'm in N.C.) that could help me get it down here. Yes, I know I can pay a shipper to do it, but I'd rather pay a fellow ADV member to do it if I can.
    I'd be willing to meet most anywhere close to N.C. - I just don't want to do a fly-n-ride all the way from Flint, MI.
    Please drop me a line if you can help.