Central Utah. Wester adventure Inc. Sept 19-24 Maze of needles and beyond ride!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Pitster, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Update!!!!!! This ride unfortunately has a tbd date change for Oct 2016. The sept dates are unfortunate not going to work for the trail leader. If you have planned for the sept dates already we can send you the GPS routes.

Sept 19-24th Maze to Needles and beyond dual sport adventure tour. Starting and ending in Green river Utah. 900-1000 miles. 80% Offroad!

Check western adventure Inc on Facebook for more info

Come join us as we traveling to some of the most remote and beautiful regions that Utah has to offer.

Recommended for 500-1190cc motorcycles & Intermediate / advanced riders. This ride will consist of long days, monkey butt, mud, sand, river crossings, getting lost, more monkey butt, grease burgers, camping, packing spare parts if needed, great weather, bad weather, and much more. If you have a good attitude and are self sufficient and want to see some of Utah's finest, you are welcome to join us!

Most areas have easy escape routes but be prepared for sand, rocks and some long days! Trails consist of two track, atv, sand and gravel washes, county graded roads and as little as possible, pavement. Estimated at 80% dirt.

Day one will begin by leaving Green river Utah to the Maze sections of Canyonlands national park. Including stops at the famous robbers roost hideout of Butch Cassidy! Camping at the famous Doll house.

Day two will take us over the crossing of the Dirty devil river and on to the famous outlaw town of Hanksville. After a quick refresh we will head onto the isolated Henry mountains in search of one of the only remaining wild buffalo herds left in the US. The camp for the night will be determined by how the day of crossing muddy rivers and a few sand washes went!

Day three we will set out for a beautiful ferry ride across Lake Powell and onto the famous Emigration trail. What took the early pioneers 6 months to cross as they chiseled through the red rock, will take our adventure steeds just a few hours! If we are lucky we will get a quick swim in the 80 degree waters to freshen up!

Day four, after the brave a mighty ones attempt to conked the Dune of doom, our journey will take us along the shores of Lake Powell and on to Hite for a quick refresh and fuel.

Day five we will head through heavily wooded forest as we make our way to the Needles section of Canyonlands national park. Might want to make sure you have hand guards and skid plates on your bike for not "if" but "when" you tip over on Elephant hill!

Day six we will ride along the banks of the Colorado river as we make our way on to the town of Moab. Depending on time riders will head over Gemini bridges and attempt to ride across the famous arch! From Gemini we will make our way back to Green river and tell stories and lies about the adventure!

Day seven? Well, that is why it's called adventure riding! It all depends on how days one through six went! We may be be stuck in the quicksand down by Lake Powell for all we know and 5 days behind schedule, but one thing is for sure, it's going to be an adventure!

If people want to put in a few bucks, we will make some t-shirts so you can tell everyone you survived this crazy ride!
  2. CO-or-bust

CO-or-bust Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Temporary: Jersey (long story...), Goal: 'rado
    Was looking for a CO & UT trip this July. Recovering from shoulder surgery has pushed me back. This just may be the motivating factor to still pull it off this year!

I like that it sounds like a lot of the lesser known, though no doubt still spectacular, parts of Utah. Sounds like a FULL week of riding...

Even if I don't make it, I am impressed with your effort in putting this all together. Good luck!
    Pitster likes this.
  3. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Get well and come join us. It's going to be an adventure!! Stay in touch!
    CO-or-bust likes this.
  4. txbear55

txbear55 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Had me going at first...big bike recommended, intermediate + riders, etc. Then the BTW, Best be Expert on the big bike or stick to 500cc or smaller. Sounds like a cool trip, but rules out most big bike riders...
    Pitster likes this.
  5. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Big bikes are welcome. Just trying to give fair warning that we will see some sand and rocky sections. We have a group of Ktm 950 super enduros, several 690's and most likely a few klr's. A good rider on a 1190 will also be able to handle this ride.
  6. Todd-Squad

Todd-Squad See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer:
    This ride sounds like a blast. The route you described sounds very similar route a bunch of Utards took 6-7 years ago. GISKev put together a ride he called the Utah 650. The general consensus was it turned out to me closer to 800 miles. We only had one 990S and one 950 Super Enduro. Everyone else was on 400cc - 650cc dirt bikes. There were a number of challenging sections. Not sure I'm up for dragging my 1190R through some of the long deep sand sections. I'll have to give it some thought.
  7. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Put some motoz knobbies on the beast and make it happen! We will have some sand sections but we nothing a 1190 cant handle!
    philstrailgnome likes this.
  8. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Its always nice to have a chase vehicle or two for anyone interested in taking a 4x4! Hit me up for detals.
  9. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    Sounds like great fun! I will definitely try to make this one.
    Pitster likes this.
  10. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Sounds great, where will you be coming from?
  11. AdvRonski

AdvRonski They call me......Ronski

Oddometer:
    Well, hopefully Western Colorado by then. If not, then I'll make the drive from Minnesota.
    Pitster likes this.
  12. Spongex

Spongex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Might have to see if I can squeeze this in. Might be too close to my other trip though. Love the plan though.
  13. MAXVERT

MAXVERT O.G. on da O.C.

Oddometer:
    Sounds interesting !
    Is this a guided trip with fees $$ involved ?
    What fuel range do the bikes need ?
    Will we need to bring camping gear and cooking/food ?

Max
  14. RuckusRider2

RuckusRider2 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm seriously interested in joining you folks for this ride, from Eugene Oregon on my street legal WR450. Would trailer it over there!
  15. smitty141

smitty141 Only Pussy's die of natural causes.

Oddometer:
    I'm in, vacation at work approved..

Smitty
  16. philstrailgnome

philstrailgnome Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am in!!! Hell yeah. Ridden everything on this proposed route (except the last couple of miles out to Dollhouse in the Maze) on my 640. Will take the 990 without any hesitation. Yep, might dump it a couple of times but that is what an ADV bike is for!! The terrain will be challenging on bigger bikes, but TOTALLY doable by an intermediate rider or above. Truly some of the most amazing scenery you can imagine!!!!
    Trailer bikes to Moab, and leave truck at 4x4 Outpost. The guys there are amazing. Then you can just blaze up 191 to meet spot, or take the long way and follow the UTBDR to get to meet spot!! Umm, yeah, great fun!
    Keep smiling and see ya there.
  17. clax

clax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a blast. You guys mind a Canuk on a F800GSA coming along?
    Pitster likes this.
  18. Ten Speed

Ten Speed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would like to participate.Willing Intermediate rider on KLR, experienced outdoor adventurer, low maintenance personality ( at least that's what people tell me:)
  19. Pitster

Pitster miniac

Oddometer:
    Update in first post. Date change to Oct 2016 tbd.
  20. The Breeze

The Breeze Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Firm dates for October yet?