Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Bike is too clean to be yours
    theGrinch likes this.
  2. SuperDave23

SuperDave23 Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer:
    Anyone been up above Bass Lake to see how much snow is still left? I imagine that hot weather last week wiped a lot of it out?
    JPaccassi likes this.
  3. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    I'm wondering the same....today is May 1st...technically most of the forest roads should "officially" open today...time to start chasing the snow up the mountain. :ricky
  4. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Rippin209 likes this.
  5. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    Trees Trees Trees... DOWN DOWN DOWN... even the main roads still lots of snow above 6500
  6. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    SO... I think it would be a killer time if we all hooked up and went to both the Hangtown MX AND the Sac Mile all in the same day. Whos in?
  7. Rearsteer

Rearsteer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know what the Hangtown MX AND the Sac Mile are, but I am ready to ride street or dirt. Lets go!
    JPaccassi likes this.
  8. Rearsteer

Oddometer:
    So... a motocross and a flat track race. In four days the weather may be a little wet. More fun that way?
  9. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    I wish I could make those races would be a ton of fun...not in the cards for me.
    webfoots likes this.
  10. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Memorial day weekend is my next opportunity to ride unfortunately......I want to ride everyday:ricky
  11. Rearsteer

Oddometer:
    I can ride during the week if that works for anyone.
  12. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    Well they just postponed the mile until Aug 10th
  13. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    I think it would be killer if we all had saws on our bikes and cleared the “trees trees Trees “.
    I’ll be in Idaho though doing the same but it would be nice to have some trails on the way back...
  14. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Its been too long since my last ride... Going to get as much done as I can on the 990 and hope parts orders don't come in before next weekend so I don't feel guilty about riding.
  15. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    From yesterday..the 007 was glorious, perfect dirt & all clear from top to bottom :ricky..we were unable to get across to whiskey though as both the upper & lower crossover roads/trails were blocked..the upper with snow the lower with trees.

Browns ditch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Upper cross over from gaggs to whiskey..snow around 6,500k ft...we were almost there, maybe 2 more turns to the upper rd
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trying alternate routes to get on the lower cross over rd..no luck either too many trees down
    [​IMG]

The creek just above where it crosses the 007 trail..too much water and slimy moss so we opted to go around
    [​IMG]
  16. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not my NC but friend of a friend's, I'm hoping the thief is stupid enough to be out joy riding and gets caught with no harm to the bike or gear. If anyone's sees this motorcycle please message me or call the number in the picture of the police, thank you, sorry for the distraction. And please resume the awesome.

Anyone out riding in the snow in the hills? Capture%2B_2019-05-28-21-25-56-1.jpg
    JPaccassi likes this.
  17. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    That sucks! Sorry to hear about your friends bike....I'm all in for some frontier justice when it comes to moto thieves! :hung:hack
  18. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah I've seen some entertaining YouTube videos of people getting their motorcycle back.

I just think how I'd feel coming home and my bike being gone, so I feel for the guy, I hope it's found soon and it's ok

Thanks for noticing the post, keep a lookout for the bike, the plate number is in the picture but I doubt it was left on
    JPaccassi likes this.
  19. SuperDave23

SuperDave23 Monti's Nemesis

Oddometer:
    Found this on the Sierra NF website. They have a proposed action out to add a bunch of trails to the Motorized System. Looks like it finally includes 007 and they are adding a bunch up in Whiskey.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sierra/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD632644

Click on the "Detailed Description" to pull up Maps and descriptions. Hard to decipher the maps without knowing the areas, but it looks like a lot being proposed up in Whiskey.

They have a meeting on June 11 from 6-7:30pm to discuss. I've heard rumors that the mountain bike community is lobbying to make 007 non-motorized.
  20. Rippin209

Rippin209 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't "like" that but thank you spreading the word, we've got to show our numbers that are against this.
    Mountain biking is growing while certain tree huggers are trying to stop off road riding, no one is going to speak on our behalf on this but us