CFMoto 650MT adventure tourer

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Tagati, Nov 15, 2016.

  1. Tagati

    Tagati tEAM iDIOT

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,176
    Location:
    Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
    Havent seen anything about this on here. Not really my thing just putting it up for info

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    http://www.bikesales.com.au/editorial/news/2016/cfmoto-650mt-adventure-tourer-58218

    Finally sees the light of day in Milan, and is now on its way to Australia in 2017
    CFMoto's oft-promised adventure touring bike based on its 650cc parallel twin platform has finally surfaced, and we’ll be seeing the 650MT in Australia in the first quarter of 2017.

    It has been four years (2012) since the very first large capacity road bike from CFMoto, the 650NK, was introduced, and since then we've seen the 650TK tourer added to the line-up, and now finally the adventure tourer.

    The MT features the same powerplant as the 650NK, a 649.3cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin, with Bosch fuel injection. In LAMS form, it boasts 55h (41.5KW) at 9500rpm and 62Nm of torque at 7000rpm.

    Compared to the NK, the MT adds longer travel suspension and new upside-down forks, a larger capacity fuel tank (up by one-litre to 18), a talker screen, and an extra 20mm ground clearance. The seat height is 840mm, and kerb weight 213kg.

    It will track on tarmac-focussed 17-inch rubber.

    “We are excited to see the 650MT to finally make it to Australia,” said CFMoto Australia Director Michael Poynton. “It will be great to prove how capable the CFMoto product is in the adventure touring market.

    “The 650MT will be the bike to take you on your next weekend adventure and not break the bank. It will be a highly capable and durable bike, just take a look at the 650NK.”

    Colours are royal blue or pearl white. Pricing is yet to be confirmed.









    Published : Tuesday, 15 November 2016
    #1
  2. L_Bomb

    L_Bomb Strewth and blimey

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Oddometer:
    204
    Location:
    Perth Straya
    If they put wire spoked wheels on it, people on this forum would go bonkers for it.
    #2
  3. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    I doubt it. Another Chinese manufacturer trying to break into the "adv touring" market with a cheap POS (although with 17" cast wheels f/r, I think its intended use is less adv and more tourer). The reviews of their road touring bike were less than glowing, there's virtually no long-term reliability data (which is probably a good thing for them), and sales of their 650TK touring platform that the MT is based on were so poor it was pulled from the US market after only 1 year (although I see it's back in their US lineup for 2016....they're persistent).

    You can put lipstick and a dress on a pig......

    -SM
    #3
    ErikMotoMan likes this.
  4. L_Bomb

    L_Bomb Strewth and blimey

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Oddometer:
    204
    Location:
    Perth Straya
    Something like this?

    01-Honda_CRF250_Rally.jpg
    #4
  5. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    Ummm.....no.

    WTF does a 250cc Japanese DS thumper have to do with a 650cc twin-cylinder POS Chinese (as in made by a Chinese company in China) faux "adventure touring" bike? :confused
    #5
  6. L_Bomb

    L_Bomb Strewth and blimey

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Oddometer:
    204
    Location:
    Perth Straya
    It's a pig wearing lipstick and a dress...
    #6
  7. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,135
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    LOL! :lol3

    Maybe so, but at least it's likely to last a year without falling to pieces underneath the rider. :wink:

    -SM
    #7
  8. ErikMotoMan

    ErikMotoMan Airbag crash survivor!

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2014
    Oddometer:
    4,486
    Location:
    In Motorcycle Heaven since 1990 - So Cal!
    Since when does Chinkjunk need a rider to start falling apart???
    #8