chain gaurd

Discussion in 'Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)' started by sidestand, May 2, 2006.

1. sidestand

sidestand bristol, uk.

Oddometer:
    I have noticed a while ago that i had a crack in my chain gaurd, enough that i could lift the flat top section of it covering the chain up by 1/2 an inch, i stuck it down with some silicone for a temp fix, o.k for a while until i took a ride down to lyme regis on monday. On returning home no chain gaurd!. Is this down to normal wear and tear, has it happened to other 950 riders, chain to slack over the rough stuff ?. Just ordered a new one at fowlers £3.91 cant be right can it for a complete chain gaurd? He showed me the picture on the screen, looks the same.Cant work out the part no.on the ticket print to crap.
  2. LAPTRAFFIC

LAPTRAFFIC RIP, Wes...

Oddometer:

SS,
    mine did the same thing...i was'nt keeping my chain tight enough. it seems like there should be a good deal of slack in the chain for that long swingarm, but follow the factory recommendation for chain slack.
    after a loose chain cuts off the chainguard it will start rubbing the bottom of the shock spring.
    I bought a replacement chainguard and a spare just in case.
    LT
  3. 1stiski

1stiski Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer:
    Loose chain, mine too. Figured that out the hard way. Cracked chain guard. New one on order.
  4. Robin Webster

Robin Webster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Price is about right, I've replaced mine.

I popped the bike off the main stand with the sceurity chain still through the spokes of the back wheel!

Doh!

Robin. :1drink