Chainsaw left sitting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by double_entendre, May 14, 2019.

1. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Bummer....Google with part numbers?

Two packs available:

https://www.amazon.ca/HIPA-Husqvarna-501807101-501807105-501807106/dp/B012OEEI1Q

Bummer wouldn't fit my buddy's 1978 Husky65 otherwise he might have split a pack with you.1978 Husqvarna 65......carburator has never been apart and starts right up but needs a tune up before he comes over and buck that truckload of cedar I gave him.All my saws are parked.....3 gallons of chain oil and +10 gallons of premium gas since mid march, time to ride motorcycles.
    Cal likes this.
  2. Tor

Tor Imported Norwegian

Oddometer:
    Thats right.....specially open pipes..and this beast aint battery-powered....

muffler.jpg
  3. rdtrvlr

rdtrvlr Long timer

Oddometer:
    i never take carbs apart anymore. primarily because i’m not good at it. i bought some yamaha carb soak stuff from the dealer. mix it with hot water, put the carb in ,let it soak. i usually put the carb in an old crock pot on low for a few hours. pull it out the blow it out and reinstall.

so far, it’s worked every time
  4. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Long timer

Oddometer:
    So am I the only one who puts a little starting fluid in the gas tank, slosh it around and and pour out the remains. Make a small batch of starting fluid and 2-stroke premix, Put that in the tank and a little down the plug hole. Flip the choke and start pulling the cord until it fires. My uncles chain saw he left out in the AZ heat for about 15 years. It was going to run or it was going to die, didn't really matter which way things went. No money invested. Once it ran we put real premix in, ran it through a few rail road ties, then put a fresh chain on it. I think it has been sitting for 7 or 8 years now.
  5. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    rumor has it he's still mulling over what to do with that old saw.