Chanderjeet's USA Itinerary

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Chanderjeet, Oct 2, 2007.

1. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not so fast there big guy. KM posted "the heck with it, I'm outta corporate america to ride until the $ runs out, here's my ride report, hope you like it."

Much to his surprise people asked to support it, put him up, etc. He accepted the support, did his rides and visiting, and posted about his experiences here. The sig w/the paypal in it only came in response to all the email & PM's from people asking how they could support his doing something they could only dream of, and get pictures & reports back in exchange.

The only difference between him and CJ so far is - not much. CJ's got a history of posting good stuff, while KM had to earn his street cred. He was asked to come over to NA, he accepted the offer and support, and here we go.

But in the end, what does it matter? If people find value in a RR and want to send their $ in to help things out, that's their choice. If someone doesn't like a RR, then they sould just ignore it and leave those who do like it alone instead of throwing rocks.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    back to CJ's itinerary thread...

If you want to start a :pot thread, go do it in the basement... I've deleted most of the mayhem here.
  3. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well that was uncalled for but since it happened....that was kind of fun:clap ...I haven't gotten to get in on the ground floor of a good ol' down home banning...:lol3

now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I still say the Coast and Death Valley are great ideas...
  4. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Faking it/Making it

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Oh, and screw you guys. All of you. :lol3
  5. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    PCH 1 is a beautiful and twisty ride

Hearst Castle's a gotta-visit to see what happens when money is absolutely no object.
  6. Oly

Oly Deadlines whooshing by

Oddometer:
    What? Yosemite and Kings Canyon is chopped liver? :huh Come on CJ ditch that Fat Toney mother hen and let's ride. :lol3
  7. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Gordo tonto y contento.

Oddometer:
    San Diego, not Mex, but I can smell it from here.
    Back to the OP. Chris, if you watch the weather closely you can work between bands of weather to see the northern or high altitude places. Like the canyonlands in Utah or the Rocky Mountains. The major systems generally move from the west/northwest to the east. So do the Highs that will give you clear weather. The fix to most bad weather is to haul ass south and get under it or hole up and let it blow over. You don't want to end up riding east IN a system. you could end up riding in crummy weather the whole way.

Look where you want to go and check the forecast. Can you get there and get out before bad weather comes? If you have a window for a northern route, take it. You can always hit southern stuff on the way back.

Just thinking out loud here... ride your own ride Buddy!
  8. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't you be out plowing something...:lol3

He needs something with international cache like the Grand Canyon...pluss camping there was only 10 bucks...
  9. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    Jo momma just aint gana cut it fer me fer a while.

I'm hanging here.

:lurk

[​IMG]
  10. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    OH hell yeah...MOAB baby MOAB:clap
  11. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:

Hey dude WTF is with you and me. Why are we always trip planning.

Like we don't have jobs and shit.

:lol3 :photog

:kumbaya

P.S. My Nirvana glasses came up missing again. What's up with that? :lol3 :thumb
  12. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a gathering in PDX??

My wife and I just drove the PCH (pacific Coast Highway) from LA to Half moon bay, where we are currently watching the sunset over the pacific Ocean... sunny and 66 degrees!!

But I was thinking about blasting back to Portland on Wednesday to catch up with CJ? Is this happening???

Mark
  13. Squeaky

Squeaky A Few Loose Screws...

Oddometer:
    Keep Roswell, NM in mind - touristy to us but might be a big deal for CJ. :evil
  14. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can break loose for a few days in Northern California(I'm near Sacramento) for whatever. You can also ride my 1200 Bandit for your "Bikes I got to ride" list. Have a bed for you , too.
  15. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure what the official word is but pretty sure he is stay in Woodland with Jmetteer...might what to PM him for info...at least that's where Chanderjeet and I are riding to tomorrow evening...
  16. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    I'm a soCal boy so I'll leave the Northwet to the web footed inhabitants up there. For my money, I'll start him on 101 at Crescent City, CA (northern Cal). Southbound through Redwood National Park (must see #1 on my route). Hwy 1 (must see #2) along the coast down to the Golden Gate Bridge (#3). Gotta be a bunch of inmates near there that want to meet CJ. For a big city, San Francisco is pretty darn okay but expen$ive if no inmates are available. Head east to Yosemite (#4). After checking out the valley (and weather permitting), ride over Tuolome Pass down to 395. Yeah, Sonora Pass is a better ride but for a tourist, Tuolome Meadows and Tioga Pass shouldn't be missed. If he had more time, I'd say hit Sequoia National Park also but I'm trying to keep the route somewhat efficient. So CJ heads south down Hwy 395 from Lee Vining. Must stop in Bishop at Schat's Bakery. Head east from Big Pine over Westgard Pass and hit Death Valley (#5) from the north (lots of possibilities for adventurous turnoffs) or my prefered route would continue south past Lone Pine, head southeast on Hwy 136, east southeast on Hwy 190, south on Panamint Valley Road to Ballarat, south on the now dirt road listed as Wingate Road in MS Streets and trips, over into the park on Goler Wash (easy 4X4 road last time I was there), check out Barker (aka Manson) Ranch, and drop down into Death Valley. There used to be some back country cabins just into the park you could stay at which would be a way cool place to camp. Check out the park and then head to Las Vegas (I put Las Vegas in because CJ mentioned it (so #6). Next, northbound along Lake Mead through Overton back to I-15. Though it's interstate, the passage through the Virgin River Gorge is about as good as it gets on interstate. Through St. George to Hurricane and head east to Zion National Park (#7). From Kanab, take alt. 89 along the north rim of the Grand Canyon (#8).

Altruistically, I've bypassed southern California so I won't get to see CJ. :cry
    But from what he mentioned, the route above seems to cover what he wanted to see. Should he want to see soCal (Disneyland, the beach on a sunny day and the bikinis that go with it etc), I can come up with another route.
  17. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks Lobby.

:wave Lobby

And Thank you GB :thumb
  18. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    again?...that sucks...but don't look at me...I only steal underwear...:lol3
  19. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    I have a funny feeling you will see them AGAIN.

:razor
  20. Bigger Al

Bigger Al Still a stupid tire guy Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm in Auburn, about an hour or so from JStory. Hurty and Slaniac are nearby as well. I've got a KLR650 and a BMW R90 that are at CJ's disposal, as well as a couch to crash on.