1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Chanderjeet's USA Itinerary

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Chanderjeet, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Live2Ride

Live2Ride Not Famous

Oddometer:
    You should be riding east then, It is sunny over here right now, but that could change in 5 minutes:deal
  2. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    I have been asked to post for the riders meeting in Morton that Chanderjeet and Johnny Drunkard will be 2 hours late arriving in Morton.
    That could change also. Minimum two hours late.

:lurk
  3. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
    Sweet. Now I have time to pick up my re-sprung, re-gasketed, re-bearinged 640A!!!! :pimp
  4. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    Text info from Fat Toney waiting in Morton.

Johnny Drunkard and Chanderjeet left Elbe at 4:30 my guess is that puts them in Morton around 6:00

All I know for now.

:kumbaya
  5. DireWolf

Oddometer:
    And then in Woodland at around 7:30.

I am starting to get the feeling that a PDX gather may not happen tonight.... :ear
  6. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:
    Text from Fat Toney.

Johnny Drunkard and Chanderjeet have met group in Morton

5 minutes ago....

My guess is Woodland (if they are heading there) by 8;00...

They had discussed staying at the Fat Ones place in Chehalis.

Will post when info comes in.

:kumbaya
  7. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's too bad they couldn't have taken FS25 down to Stevenson and then down 14 to Vancouver to Portland. It would keep them off the interstate for a long time.

Timmer
  8. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    Chanderjeet, Camogreg, and Helikron headed north on I-5 at Highway 12 at about 6:45...sounds like the plan is for them to meet with Jmetteer in woodland, wa...then ride with him by car to a Portland Pub to meet the crew...
  9. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    I followed CJ on Highway 12 between 50-70 mph for about 45miles and he handled the vstrom like he'd been riding it for years...he is all ADV...:nod

I talked with CamoGreg for a few hours...since we had some time on our hands...He is planning to follow along with CJ for the next couple of days...all is well...and the adventure is off to a great start...only problem is...the rain...really hard rain...and CJ's shoes filled up with water...in that they stopped a few times and he was able to dump water out of them...seriously...so if any of you guys have a extra pair of something gortex Im sure it would come in handy....
  10. DireWolf

Oddometer:

:ear :ear :ear :ear :ear
  11. nwgs

nwgs Danned

Oddometer:

:thumb

:lurk
  12. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:

:ear :ear :ear :ear :ear :ear :1drink
  13. Squeaky

Squeaky A Few Loose Screws...

Oddometer:
    What size are his feet?
    I have a pair of Tourmaster waterproof boots that he can use and I'll stick to my dirt boots until he's done... :ear
  14. GSdiablo

GSdiablo cubical farmer

Oddometer:
    ..only problem is...the rain...really hard rain...and CJ's shoes filled up with water...in that they stopped a few times and he was able to dump water out of them...seriously...so if any of you guys have a extra pair of something gortex Im sure it would come in handy....[/quote]

Got 2 pair of aerostich boot covers, they cover like a gator but leave the bottom of the boot ucovered for traction. I could send the large set whereever is needed. Also they pack very small.
  15. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    What size shoe does he wear?
  16. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:
    Boots have been provided

:ear
  17. DireWolf

Oddometer:
    As far as I know, after last night - they (CJ, Rogue1, CamoGreg, ?) are heading east from Woodland, looping through the gorge, and heading out of town. CJ had to be in San Fran by *Friday*, and I think the slow start put some need into his schedule. I was going to take off today, but they sounded like they had a route planned, and were just trying to work out the details. CJ has to be in Seattle to return by the 28th of October. Time's ticking if he plans on going to NYC and back through the 17,000 suggested routed and points of interest that "He's has to see!!!"

Pleasure to meet Chris, knary, RMac, Helikron, Rogue1, CamoGreg (again), jmetter, and Mrs. jmetter and jmetter's friend (forget the name - sorry!).

So, unless I am mistaken, those kids will be on their way today - may be taking 5 to Grants Pass, 199 to 101 and then 101 or 1 to SF. Rogue1 was thinking maybe east side of the Cascades, but there are snow advisories today for the Cascades, and snow levels are reported to be dropping to 3,500' over the next few days. I realize that Chris is at home in the the big mountains, but most roads I saw pics of are not paved. Potential black ice on asphalt would give *me* pause. knary was suggesting the 5/199/101 route which would be sweet - big trees, and beautiful Coast Range and coastal ride to S.F.. I'm sure Chris will figure it out alright.... :nod

Best of luck to you Chris - be safe, ride well, and don't let you itinerary prevent you from stopping to smell the sagebrush. It smells much better than Iowa. :evil
  18. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  19. Just_Sean

Just_Sean herewegoagain

Oddometer:
    +1 - a good "Tour de California" start right there :thumb
  20. massspec

massspec -mah

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

I still am expecting CJ to roll into SF tomorrow, and he is staying with me in the Presidio. I put a post in the regionals, but I didn't get much response about a get together tomorrow night. Maybe it would be better to host whoever is coming along with him on the ride at my place, and let the weary travelers rest?

Ideas, suggetions are welcome and appreciated.