Charlotte to Jellico

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida' started by deputygene, May 21, 2009.

1. deputygene

deputygene Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am going to do the Tenn portion of the TAT next month. Yes I bought the maps and roll charts from Sam and am in the process of loading the 400 or so waypoints into my computer. I am 30 miles north of Charlotte, was originally going to truck the bikes to Tenn, but thought a good ride there might be nice. Does anyone have a good route mostly off interstate, from my area to the start point of Tenn?
  2. j-mac

j-mac guess this avatar...

Oddometer:
    deputy,

I'm considering a similar trip in June. When are you heading out from Jellico?

j-mac
  3. deputygene

Oddometer:
    I'm open as to dates. Was planning to go the end of this month but my wife couldn't get off. I want to ride most of the Tenn TAT, ending at a campground on the Natchez Trace, then reverse the route. Am open to a ride partner if that route is of interest to you. The campground is near Hohenwald, nice place that I can bring guest to.
  4. j-mac

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at a possible mid-june (~14th) start from Jellico....that is, if I can get Sam's maps transferred to my Garmin in time. :eek1 Yikes.

My pace will likely be *very* slow. I'll be moving a fully-loaded Wee-Strom....a bit piggy compared to some of the lighter dual-sports.

j-mac
  5. deputygene

Oddometer:
    Don't worry about pace, if my wife goes, she will be riding a 200cc dual sport. Mid June sounds good, I am off that weekend. Are you planning to turn around and retrace the route or go further?
  6. j-mac

Oddometer:
    ....those 200cc dual-sports can get down the road mighty fast!!!

Sounds like we may be in the area around the same time. I'm not planning to retrace back up the route. After I get to MS, I need to make my way southeast.

What daily mileage are you planning in order to get to Hohenwald?

j-mac
  7. deputygene

Oddometer:
    We will not be in a hurry, it isn't a ride to get somewhere, just a ride to ride. That said, I will probably take 2 days to get to hohenwald, camp out for a day or two, then make our way back. I am thinking of going from Salisbury NC to Boone, NC thurs, then making our way up to Jellico fri and doing another hundred or so miles, then the remainder sat. Camp sat night and sun, then head back mon.