Chasing Summer

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jean-Luc, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the bump :1drink
    Touché
    :lol3. Yes, I went for this pure adrenaline bike, the KTM 950 Super Enduro...

[​IMG]

With the after market 7.9 gallons tank I just put on it, I think that this will be the ultimate adventure bike for me. If only I was 2 or 3 inches taller :cry.

The surgeon finally gave it a go and I'm so excited to be able to ride again... it's been so long! So far I've just done an afternoon ride and the wrist was not too painful. I'm going in 2 weeks in a weekend ride/camping with off-roading so I hope it will be fine. As expected I haven't recovered my full range of motion and many moves are still painful but things are slowly improving :thumb
  2. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh boy!
  3. gerbois

gerbois Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Salut Jean-Luc,

This RR was for me an inspiration. I followed it with passion day after day. I was stunned by outcome. Happy to see you coming back with SuperEnduro!:thumbup
  4. pdedse

pdedse paraelamigosincero

Oddometer:
    SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

And what a nice ride in that photo.
  5. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm not playing modest here but I still have a hard time picturing myself as a good storyteller. Frankly, in my 'normal life', most people around me will make from the same event or anecdote a story 100 times better than mine!
    I guess that there was so much interesting stuff going on every day during that trip that even with my 'concise' style it still made a good story. And pictures are my savior! Sorting through them on my minuscule computer unfolded events, feelings and places that I would have forgotten.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've enjoyed it and I'll make sure to share a bottle with you as soon as I visit your area :deal.
  6. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    JL, it's been said over and over again, but I must say it again. Thanks so much for a wonderful ride report and taking me along for the journey! After a few weeks of nightly readings with highs and lows, i've finally made it to page 90 of this ride report. Beautiful pictures and an amazing adventure. Along with Bananaman, you've inspired me to get on the road in 2009. Best of luck to you on all your future endeavors.

Cheers,

-Ben
  7. priller

priller -

Oddometer:
    well, i love'em less-than-perfect roads around olsztyn. :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    I am so jealous nice report great pics. I enjoyed everyone.:clap
  9. kefalas

kefalas Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great RR, nice pics!!!

Thank you....
  10. C-Dub

C-Dub Clean Air Hog

Oddometer:
    Congrats on getting back on two wheels!:ricky Keep the orange side up Bro!
  11. Odysseus

Odysseus Stoic Philosopher

Oddometer:
    Jean Luc, I just finished reading the entire "Chasing Summer" ride report again. I have to say it was just as good the second time around. I especially liked that in every picture you and Teryk are always smiling!

I am happy to hear that your wrist and ankle healed nicely.

And congratulations on your new 950 Super Enduro!!
  12. Little Toe

Little Toe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jean Luc,
    Being new to ADVRider, I've only just stumbled across your amazing RR.
    I've spent the last 4 days reading this and it's been worth every minute.
    Thank you very much for sharing with us your fantastic pictures and inspiring words...I really felt like I was doing the trip with you !
    I hope your wrist and ankle are both fully recovered.
    If you're ever over in England, be sure to make contact and we'll hook up for a beer or two:freaky
    Cheers
    Shaun
  13. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Hi Shaun,
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it! This trip seems already far away but it still probably the best experience I had in my life. My ankle is like new and the wrist is pretty good, probably a 80% and no pain per say. My right wrist is perfect though, so I'll be happy to lift a pint with you one of this days :beer
  14. chelo5sur

chelo5sur Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    amazing pictures and nice RR
    thanks
  15. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bump from the dead! [​IMG]

I've been reading this RR over the past couple of weeks and what a great ride it was! (pun) Not the best of endings to this particular story but it was a wonderful tale with some great photos. Thanks for sharing!
  16. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the bump, it made me revisit it and I'm glad I wrote it as it always bring back fantastic memories :D
  17. slidefighter

slidefighter Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer:
    Great read, Jean Luc. Just finished (late to the party!)...Got here by a referral from PackMule's site. He has an excellent list of great RR's and I'm going through them one at a time. Sorry about the two crashes, but hoping all is well now. Particularly loved the pictures of the Austral Carretera area.

Thanks for all the effort...great story.

Lee...
  18. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lee for the comments, I'm glad that the report is still enjoyable when read "not live". All is well for me now injuries wise, although the wrist was a nasty one and took me a while to recover.

Cheers!
    Jean-Luc
  19. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Bump for Harry.
  20. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Are some of the initial readers still on the site after 10 years? Several asked to let them know when I would finally finish my book so I'm here to share an exciting news for me, it is finished and printed!
    Seeing how this thread has badly evolved and is now barely readable, writing on a stable support is starting to make a lot of sense :-).

The book is now available to all here: http://www.blurb.com/b/9154478-chasing-summer It's so expensive to print +400 pages on a large format, on a glossy paper that I am of course not making a cent on it but it still costs $260 to print
    However, Blurb has often discounts available (sometimes up to 40%). Right now they have a 35% discount available. I'm also trying to make an e-book available soon.

Anyway, you can have a look at some preview pages from the book by using the link.

Cheers!