Chasing Summer

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Jean-Luc, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    No, Jean-Luc, not many are still here. I stop by every few months and I think I have not posted in forever. The old days of "Outer Darkness" are gone. I still wish we could have met in South America. Wasn't I somewhere behind you as your mates headed North out of Ushuaia?

Congrats on finally finishing the book. How long was it... over ten years, and how many broken bones and pins and ambulance rides... this is why I drink.
  2. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jean Luc, are you working on a french version ? ;-)

Kuddos for persevering and making the book happen. It probably took quite a few evenings...

Luc
    Jean-Luc likes this.
  3. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Throttle committed

Oddometer:
    Any reason to drink is a good reason :photog Not surprised about the old timers not being on this site as much, me included. Still grateful to have met so many great friends thanks to ADVrider.
    bananaman likes this.
  4. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    Yes, the French version is currently scheduled for 2028 :rofl 10 years to publish this one sounds crazy since most of the content (text and pictures) was pretty much already available. I think it's a result of my perfectionism, selecting among thousands of pictures, editing them again, and finding the best way to put all that in a book. Maybe it's also that I did not want to reach "closure" on this adventure.
  5. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Closure sucks.

I have a bad case of wannagetbackpitthereitis, but the wreck in Baja totally fucked my arm. I'm done, but, Merry Christmas!
  6. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    So sorry to hear that your arm is still that bad . I'm leaving tomorrow to Baja for 10 days, I'll be extra cautious!

Merry Christmas, no matter what!
  7. Pete Pilot

Pete Pilot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    JL did you ever go back to southern S.A. to finish your adventure? How was Baja? Have done a bunch of riding in Baja and through out Mexico. Love Mexico, as the people are wonderful. Will be doing 7/8 weeks of riding my DRZ 440 riding the deserts of Texas, Arizona and south California in February and March. Enjoyed your ride report very much. Although saddened by the ending. Do take care. Merlin Prince Edward Island Canada
    Jean-Luc likes this.
  8. Jean-Luc

Oddometer:
    I have not been back there unfortunately. I really would like to ride in Bolivia, a big motivation for the whole trip, and the only country I had to skip

Baja was awesome, as usual! I've the same feeling about the people: really nice, genuine and welcoming. Really cool that you're leaving for 2 months in the deserts! In a DRZ you can really explore. On my 1290 SAR, solo, I had to be a bit cautious but managed to get in trouble a couple of times anyway

Deep and soft sand close to San Francisquito where I dropped my bike a couple of times

[​IMG]

Crossing La Purisima. Luckily no drop this time

[​IMG]