Cheap Footpegs F800

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Danny L., Feb 15, 2020.

1. Danny L.

Danny L. Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. ROMAD

ROMAD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a set of Chinese steel wide pegs on my old DR650. They worked fine and held up to abuse. They were heavy and fairly simple but for $20 they were fine.

For the price you linked to, I'd look at the pegs made by Moose. They have a couple styles as well as rear offset wide pegs that help maintain the stock gap between the pegs and controls.

https://www.revzilla.com/dirt-bike/moose-racing-onyx-footpegs-bmw-1993-2015?
  3. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've had a set (similar to those below) on my 2003 DRZ, (since forever) as well as the wife's KLX250 and other bikes and they have always worked absolutely fine, even with several very harsh landings that completely flatten the suspension. Never bent or disappointed in any way, although they aren't particularly light. The Revzilla model, for $94, look remarkably similar to these for less than $20. Here's a link, although I will say I have not installed a set of these on my F700GS, I probably will.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Motocross-Foot-Pegs-For-Honda-CR-CRF-XR-50-70-80-100-Yamaha-Kawasaki-HOT/174149001804?fits=Year:2013|Model:F700GS|Submodel:Standard+ABS|Make:BMW&hash=item288c16e24c:g:zPIAAOSwFs1cGH5t
  4. desertdaves

desertdaves DesertDave

Oddometer:
    I broke a couple of those sets in Baja, not happy with them.
    I also have a set of Knight industries pegs on here for sale for the 800. Great pegs. I just went with a different set up.
    Good luck
  5. Tacticalmedic

Tacticalmedic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I know that you said your farkle budget is small but if you can swing it, get a pair of pivot pegz. They’re worth their weight in gold. I hope you have a great trip. All the best.
  6. OneEyedJack

OneEyedJack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Check eBay for used 2007-2012 1200GS adventure pegs. They are the same as the F800 Adventure pegs. Should be around $50ish for a pair.
  7. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Which sets of pegs did you break?
    There were a few mentioned above? Broken in a crash....or? I'm close to 250# and I've landed very hard several times over the years without any issue at all.
  8. compute42

compute42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought some of the cheap eBay ones. They did well my last 3day/800 mile trip on my 800gs. Including two drops and a bunch of rocks hitting the pegs.
  9. desertdaves

desertdaves DesertDave

Oddometer:
    The cheap Amazon/ ebay knock offs. I am a big guy too, and I ride the bike pretty hard sometimes. But one bent from a drop in beach sand/ mud, and one from hitting a rock, broke at the weld. Neither of the hits were very hard, and I have never had issues with my other bikes taking those hits. Once I put quality pegs on the 800, no more issues after numerous drops.
  10. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The cheap pegs I’m talking about are cast and have no welds anywhere. I lost the back end and low sided at high speed last summer on rough ground, 50 miles into the bush and slid with a lot of weight on the left peg.....while it seriously gouged the dirt. Zero issues with the peg when I got myself back together and assessed the damage to bike, rider and ego/pride/confidence.....etc.