Cheaper alternative to LR Mototent

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by Dewsworld, Apr 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dewsworld

Dewsworld Cosmic Traveller

Oddometer:
    Buying a Mototent for a newbie is not a good option, I think. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Mototent. Or is there any cheaper Indian variant of it.

MotoTent-White-BMWGS-Door-Open_1024x1024.jpg
  2. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    VUZ moto tent. I have no experience with it. My friend has had great luck with Red Verz, but it is pricey.
    Dewsworld likes this.
  3. w1956h

w1956h DRZDT

Oddometer:
    8AD42BF9-7B82-4F45-8E7D-5D713B98C286.jpeg This design of tent is often referred to as a tunnel tent and sold by a number of suppliers. I have an Australian Oztrail Tasman 4 plus. It is not as hi-tech as a Mototent or Redverz but is a fraction of the price.
    I was attracted to this design as the garage area gives you a place to put your gear out of sight and somewhere to sit if the weather turns bad. I only use the tent for multiple night camping.
    The is a two piece design. Inner mesh tent and fly when the Redverz can be erected in one piece with the inner attached. Oztrail has fibre glass poles when the Redverz has aluminium. Claimed weight and size are similar and it easily packs on the pillion seat rack of my 17.5 R1200gs.
    augerdin and Dewsworld like this.