1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Check in for Suinday's ride down the Cheese trail

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Skinner, Oct 12, 2004.

1. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:

you Bow hunt in your bathroom :eek1
  2. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    Hey Skinner,

I have a couple of nice pic's from the cabin up on the UP awhile back. They are of the sunrise overlooking the lake. I can send them to you if you wish..

How was the cheesetrail??
  3. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    you Bow hunt in your bathroom :eek1

I actually saw a little spike in there the other day.

Vstrom, the day was awsome, 50 some degrees, no wind, bright full sun all day long. And the wifes were excited to go. We had three bikes, me and Susan, Rusty and Jill, Mitch(lip) going solo, and two quads-a husband and wife team. Everybody showed up on time, we all started our bikes and started on down the trail.
    I was leading and trying to maintain the 30 mph speed limit, so everone would feel comfortable. As we proceeded over the first train bridge it looked like it would be an awsome day! Around the next bend and brrrrrrrrr, pop pop pop, brrrrrr , dead engine. So I try the choke. Rooom rooom, ok lets go. Brrrrrr pop dead!
    So, I'm an idiot!!!!!!!!!!! I'm out of gas. So, I jumped on Rustys bike and rode back to town, got some gas , back in less than fifteen minutes. Now, mind you I know my bike, I always reset the trip meter number two, it read 91 miles, so I should have been good for at least another 100 or so. But anyways in goes the gas, I hit the starter, she pops a lttle runs a little, then dies. So I use the choke, same thing. This goes on for three more tries. Then not even a pop. (P.S. I was not out of gas) Check the fuses for the fuel pump, they are all good, Check the side stand safety, unhook it, try, hook it back up, still nothing, so I send the group on their way.
    Susan and I pushed the stupid piece of shit 950 cc, 450 lb. fucking boat anchor the half mile back down the trail to the truck and trailer( now you see why KTM riders use trailers). We went to a local ber and watched the GB packer game, got pretty wasted, and waited for the return of the Rusty and Mitch.
    They madE it back around three, rusty went to stop and his foot slipped and HE fell to the ground (it sucks when that happens) of course some pics were taken but I don't have the right to post them after only making 1/2 mile on a ride that we planned for a month, and the weather was absolutely perfect.

So how was the ride you ask.....I don't know but the bloody mary's and the car ride sure kicked ass.
  4. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    Are you kidding me ?

The 950 broke, again ?

Shit...I road nothing but KTM's this weekend (450, 525 exc's) and started to get "orange fever"...but I still hesitate buying one based on mechanical failures I've heard about; mainly on this website...

Is there hope for KTM ?
  5. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    I think so, you just have to buy 2, or 4 if you're Skinner. That way one is always running....

LIP
  6. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    Skinner....sounds like you had a heck of a day....I had hoped to go but opted to partake in a running event instead.

Let me know if you schedule Cheesetrail Part 2...
  7. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    The only bike with cronic illnesses has been the 950, And I still love it anyway. I'll report when I here what the problem is.The 525 is a flawless machine.
  8. The Fist

The Fist Knulp

Oddometer:
    thats good to hear...The 525 is fuckin' badass ! :nod
  9. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Skinner had great detail of the days events on the Cheesetrail. We had a great day on the trail but would have had a better day if Skinner would have been with. I don't have the heart to post my pictures from the day. I don't want to rub Skinner's nose in it, but once my 950 ran and his did not.
  10. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Oh rusty, you just don't know how to post your pics or you would done it and you know it!:D
  11. XtreemLEE

XtreemLEE insignificant being...

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding???