Cheeseburger Loop - NW Houston / Montgomery

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States' started by Hail_TX, Jul 27, 2014.

1. BBJIdaho

BBJIdaho BBJADV

Oddometer:
    Anyone planning on riding this in 2019 on a big bike?
  2. BoomerE30

BoomerE30 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Id be down for this!
  3. jfink

jfink Can't get there from here

Oddometer:
    Me too, depending on when. You may get some additional traction here! That is a recent run at the Cheeseburger Loop, but you may want to start a new thread in the Dual Sport Upcoming Rides section.

Right after Harvey!
    [​IMG]
    BoomerE30 likes this.
  4. BoomerE30

Oddometer:
    I'm free in the coming weekend!
  5. jfink

Oddometer:
    Can't do it Saturday, but may be Sunday. There is a "Pie Run" to the Pie In The Sky restaurant at 11:00a Saturday. If you can, why don't you come up. My wife and I will be there. Don't know if you have done the Cheeseburger Loop recently, the Stubblefield bridge has been out since Harvey, which necessitates a work around. There are a couple ways to do it, but if your route is older than a year or so, they may not work.

I have attached an updated GPX route file that I have done to bypass Stubblefield. There may be other options out there.

Attached Files:

6. BoomerE30

Oddometer:

Thanks!

I posted on TWTEX (LINK) to see if there is any interest for 9th or 10th of March.
  7. BoomerE30

Oddometer:
  8. Tigger's Toy

Tigger's Toy Beast Rider Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Boomer did anyone get a chance to ride? I live in the woodlands and was looking for a local ride like this to keep the beast riding skills somewhat proficient. So I was curious if anyone has done it recently...... Have to prep for the fall NMBDR!
  9. jfink

Oddometer:
    I rode it on the 10th. I wrote it up here!
  10. Tigger's Toy

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up. Are the forest roads closed due to seasonal weather or completely closed off to motos/atv/utv etc...
  11. jfink

Oddometer:
    They were closed due to weather and erosion. I had ridden FS234A north not too long ago and it was a little beat up. But, the forest service roads aren't permanently closed, however, the forest service moves slowly. The moto/atv/utv trails are a different thing altogether. They have been closed for a while and if the Rangers had their druthers, I believe they would not reopen, ever.
  12. Tigger's Toy

Oddometer:
    ^ I agree about the rangers endless want to remove the bikes off of the trails. I know they have specific routes and trails for OHV use, but I was more curious if individuals had gravel roads that would be good to practice driving large beast ADV bikes about.

Either way just looking for some close roads to justify my constant farkling and get hands on performance tests!
  13. jfink

Oddometer:
    On Google maps, the 2xx roads in the forest are forest service roads. The forest service maintains them and controls whether they are open or closed. Your bike has to be plated but doesn't need an OHV sticker.
    BoomerE30 likes this.
  14. Tigger's Toy

Oddometer:
    I’m headed to do part of this tomorrow so we will see what works and what doesn’t....
    jfink and BoomerE30 like this.
  15. jfink

Oddometer:
    Post up if the roads are open in the forest again.
    BoomerE30 likes this.
  16. Tigger's Toy

Oddometer:
    Well I scrubbed today because my riding partner did not bring enough cold weather kit for our random Houston cold front. I will update the report when I ride for sure....
    BoomerE30 likes this.
  17. BoomerE30

Oddometer:
    How did you guys like it in general? Are there any challenging sections or its more wide gravel roads?
  18. Tigger's Toy

Oddometer:
    I have not had an opportunity to ride the route yet...
  19. GeneralClortho

GeneralClortho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Caution: This is a completely useless post.

Wow, my first post on this thread was almost 4 years ago when I was planning a ride from Houston to B.C. Then the oilfield crashed along with my hopes and dreams. The CB500X and CRF250L were causalities of it all, and I spent a good amount of time in an old Jeep. Now that things are back on track for the most part, when I get my Jeep sold, I am planning on pick up a Bush Pig (DR650) and starting over. This will be my first overnighter ride on the Pig, test my gear, practice mapping skills, etc... Assuming I can pick up the Pig this month or next, I will spend the hot summer working her over, picking up gear I am missing, and be ready come fall. Hopefully by then, some of the roads will have been repaired.
    BoomerE30 likes this.
  20. san1k

san1k Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just running across this. Definitely riding this soon. That bridge is going to be out for ever.