Chi-cheemaun Ferry area

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ride no evo, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ride no evo

ride no evo Suck it Trebek

Oddometer:
    I am going on a loosely planned trip to NY/NJ this weekend from Milwaukee and a buddy of mine suggested coming back thru Canada via Lake Huron and the Chi-cheemaun ferry, then to Michigan and back home from the north. I checked it out online and loaded it into the gps and it looks pretty cool. Are any of you from or familiar with that area?? Any good places to stay or camp at in the area that you would recommend?? Also city navigator doesn't have too much listed for gas stations between Owens Sound and Sault Ste Marie, is a standard GS with 200ish mile range gonna cut it. Thanks in advance for any input

-Evo
  2. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    I took it once, very cool little hour and a half cruise, and a chance to take a break in the ride.

You should enjoy it.

Check on line or phone for departure times.

also, I'm not too sure if you have to bring your own tie downs.
  3. ODSC1

ODSC1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The last time I took the ferry ropes were supplied to tie down bikes. I don't know if that has changed. Gas won't be a problem. There will be stations in most communities along the hwy 17. The only place to watch your gas level is on Manitoulin Island between Little Current and South Baymouth. It's an awesome ride between Espanola and South Baymouth!

Brian
    Ontario Dual Sport Club
  4. ride no evo

ride no evo Suck it Trebek

Oddometer:
    Did some looking and they say that they provide tie downs but I think I will bring a set just in case
  5. 98rxcmi

98rxcmi Chrome+Paint=Garage bike

Oddometer:
    I'm going to take the early boat Sunday from the island to Tobermory
  6. 98rxcmi

98rxcmi Chrome+Paint=Garage bike

Oddometer:
    The ride was cool or should I say cold...man I froze next time I will go in Aug and bring a heated vest. I think next time I'll tailer my bike to Tobermory ans ride around the island and enjoy the night life in Tobermory:freaky I spent too much time on the highway...I rather play in the woods
  7. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Ooops! I should have mentioned, any time you ride on the north shore
    of the great lakes, bring your heated vest.