1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago motorcycle show

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by McD, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Friday after werk..:beer
  2. Scalzitti

Scalzitti Adventure Driven

Oddometer:
    Here's some general info for the Chicago show.

The cost of admission is $12 per adult and $5 per child, age 6-11, kids 5 & under are free.
    Cash only on-site! Be prepared - the convention center may not have an ATM.

Here's the link to the web site, where you can order tickets for the show and have them mailed to you.

http://chi.motorcycleshows.com

Chain - The show is at the Rosemont Covention Center near O'Hare. Here's the address. Parking is in a parking garage across the street. I think it was $10 last year. There's a covered walk way to the center. There's even a coat check ($1 or $2) across from the entrance to the show, so you don't have to lug your gear around.

Here's the vitals,so you can use a mapping program to get the best directions for you:

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
    Exhibit Hall A
    5555 N. River Rd.
    Rosemont, IL 60018
    (847) 692-2220
    www.rosemont.com
  3. trailuser

trailuser take the backroads

Oddometer:
    Anybody up for food & drink afterward...maybe at Gino's East? Only about 2m down the road.
  4. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
    There is also a CTA park and ride on the north side of I-90. You gotta walk under the highway about a block to the venue, but I think it's only a couple dollars to park there and eazy in eazy out. Parked there last year with no problems. Save the dough for brewskis! :freaky
  5. LIP

LIP Open Mouth and insert LEG

Oddometer:
    By the 9 fitys... it is! Skinner, Bob, Fireman?, Andy?, LIP and LIP JR. will be there. Pizza sounds good afterwards too if anyone wants to hang with Joe VStromrunner.

LIP
  6. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could walk from the CTA parking......or take the shuttle bus ! It's free...:D

I'll definatelly be there Sunday, probably mostly at the GIVI display (helping out) but I might go the two other days as well - free pass....:evil

Cheers,
  7. Cauldron

Cauldron Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer:
    I will be going this year and taking a friend along. KTM display sounds good as a meeting place (they're all orange right?:D ) What time do we meet?
  8. Cauldron

Cauldron Now in DESMODROMIC!

Oddometer:
    Okay sixish it is!!:D
  9. skadamo

skadamo I like riding

Oddometer:
    I'll try to make it Friday too....
  10. Scalzitti

Oddometer:
    Hot dogs for lunch, pizza for dinner and motorcyles in between - Life Is Good!
    If I can remember to look at a clock, I'll be at the KTM booth at 6 pm on Friday. Larry
  11. motojoe

motojoe Arrest Cheney and Bush

Oddometer:
    Any of yall (chain? etc..) can park at my house and unload and ride to the show, its a short ride from my place.

And you wanna crash I got a spot, couch or bed or whatever.
  12. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chainwife and I are going to try and make this event. Not sure about kid schedules.

Thanks for the invite, Joe

Scalzitti, thanks for the info,
  13. bruno twip

bruno twip On Island Time

Oddometer:
    I am new to this forum, but have been in advrider since last year and partied with the west coast group at the Nationals and southern group in Suches last year. I am mentioning this so I don't highside like motohead.

Chain
    The show is at Rosemont not the McCormick center.
    You can buy beer and mixed drinks.
    Parking is around 10 bucks in the garage.

There is a rear entrace to the show and you can buy discount tickets on saturday morning. Follow the signs to the cafeteria, the local clubs sell discount tickets before 9 am on saturday morning in the cafeteria, you can eat breakfast and then walk in the rear entrance. It put's you into the middle of the exhibition space and you miss all of the crowds coming in the front. I get there and look at the exhibiters in the back of the show then go the front.
    Maybe I will some of you there, if I am in town.

Mutineeer PM Me if you like, I live on your way, on Bass Lake in IN. Like I said I may be out of town and if everyting works out the bike will be as well so i don't know about riding; however, if I go the brat pack usually wants me to take them to the bike show, too.

Just my .02
    Dan
  14. Fireman88

Fireman88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can not make Friday as I already have plans with the wife.
  15. Skinner

Skinner Mr.KTM

Oddometer:
    Now we're talkin', then I can wear all my KTM logo wear (I'm such a dork) I'll probably have better KTM clothes on than the factory guys.
  16. Taki

Taki Waiting for Godot

Oddometer:
    I might actually make a Friday early evening appearance. Wife in tow :feelgood

Chain, if the only thing I accomplish at the show is to finally shake your hand I would be content.
  17. chain

chain Go Fly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Dan. I'm shooting for Friday, and Maybe Saturday Morn early.

Hey Taki, if Skinner wears all his KTM factory dork clothes maybe we can hijack a couple 9fifties for a hot lap around the parking garage. I want the black one. they're faster you know
  18. Scalzitti

Oddometer:
    Just bought my tix for the show online.

http://chi.motorcycleshows.com

Just click on the "Buy Tickets" tab. The link form the site worked great and this year you just print your tix out - no need to wait for them to be mailed to you. There's a $2 service charge, but to me it beats waiting in the ticket line on Friday afternoon.
  19. Panic

Panic Anxiety's little friend

Oddometer:
    Everybody still on for Friday 6pm at the ninefiddys :wave ?
  20. mutineer

mutineer pierpont lives

Oddometer:
    I am out - I was gonna try to ride but the tupperware for my ST is still all over the garage waiting on a fuseblock from aerostitch.

I am going to the Supercross here at the HoosierDome (fuck RCA) Saturday which probably uses up all my kitchen passes anyway.

Take lots of pics cause the indy show sucks ass. It is a travel and rec show with more pontoon boats than anything and no makers, only dealers. Did I say the Indy show sucks?

'Course if anyone has an inside line on tix to the dealer expo that may be different