Chico, Ca Dualsport Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Bob Tosi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Kenny is a local RR guy in the canyon there,he and other RR guys have befriended Pulga and Betsy especially during near disasters during the winters and then the fire in Pulga. I think he was having a really BAD day the day he went after me for parking where I did,meth overload is what I thought but probably not,he was bug eyed insane that morning...................... Which I would have never parked there if Betsy hadnt said they have permission to park there. Betsy needs to stay tight with the RR as they are right next to the tracks and it's people.

Dirtbikes are OK on the Camp creek dirt road,legally Plumas USFS doesnt allow dirtbikes on county dirt roads but current policy is to allow it as long as you arent being a dick.
    Crossing a paved road to get to trail has always been legal,within a short paved distance.

Betsy has no legal leg to stand on regarding public using a 30' wide public road.
  2. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    "Crossing a paved road to get to trail has always been legal,within a short paved distance."

Sorry my friend, but this is not a true statement.
    To legally cross a paved road you would have to pick your bike up off the ground and carry it.

As kids we would jump off and push our bikes across the paved roads. Well that is not legal.
    It is an unlicensed vehicle on the road whether it is running or not.
    A cop would have to be a dick to write you up for it, but according to the letter of the law your dirtbike can not touch the road. It is a motorized vehicle regardless if it is running or not.

I got my first real ticket when I was in 1st grade. It was for not stopping at a stop sign. My mom had to accompany me to court and I had to pay the fine.
    I have been dancing with the law ever since. Got my share of tickets, not lots but maybe over 50 fix-it tickets. No felonies.
    I have always learned the rules and then pushed them. I live by a set of morals taught to me by my parents.

One of my most favorite things to do is Trespass. I am not destructive and I don't steal.
  3. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hop-sing, 1965:

[​IMG]
    Bigger Al, Hop-Sing and Foot dragger like this.
  4. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I hate to be pernicious,but according to the CHP and the USFS and OHV rules a dirtbike can cross a paved road to reach the designated OHV trail on the other side. The trick being you are going from one OHV route to another OHV route.
    Not just a kid on a dirtbike out on the road. I foolishly stopped once on my 76 RM125 for a local cop,never again did that happen and they paid through the nose with wrecked vehicles and eventually being told by the city to cease and desist chasing kids on dirtbikes out at the RR tracks. It just didnt pay.

You seriously need to get a singletrack bike and come try the single track here,show us how a real Trials Rider does it,we are mostly fumbling around in the dark hoping for guidance.
  5. Dao1

Dao1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...oldiebutgoodie...
  6. KyoXR

KyoXR Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer:
    Made it out Colyer Springs Rd, stopped when the snow started getting deep, younger me would have just drove right into it until I got stuck but then 1. I would be stuck...
    there was Ice underneath so It wouldn't have been too smart to go much further anyway.

vlcsnap-2019-03-15-15h06m28s583.jpg vlcsnap-2019-03-15-15h02m28s614.jpg vlcsnap-2019-03-15-15h03m22s286.jpg
    Hop-Sing and Foot dragger like this.
  7. KyoXR

KyoXR Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer:
    This was at 3300' elevation, right past the section with the cement side barriers.
    vlcsnap-2019-03-15-14h54m52s599.jpg
    there was some VERY suspiciously placed brush placed on the road.

vlcsnap-2019-03-15-14h50m56s520.jpg
    Klrcharlie likes this.
  8. KyoXR

KyoXR Clouds, Snow, Rain

Oddometer:
    vlcsnap-2019-03-15-14h46m53s067.jpg vlcsnap-2019-03-15-15h13m43s911.jpg vlcsnap-2019-03-15-15h15m06s395.jpg

I went down Raglin Ridge Rd to the creek crossing to see how deep it was , about 2 feet deep right near the other edge as it dips down before exiting , deceptive as 3/4 of the crossing doesn't look bad and easily cross-able otherwise.
  9. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Creek crossings can be fun! Throttle on. 10635979_814477541918087_3048062064924847243_n.jpg
    Watercat and Klrcharlie like this.
  10. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trial event this coming weekend. This is out on rd 306 about 14 miles North of Elk Creek. Trial is right on the road with sections on both sides of rd 306.
    Saturday be there from 11 am starts at noon and the first couple hours will be the best as far as consistent riders through the sections. Sunday is bigger obstacles and starts at 10 am.
    There is no cost but please sign a release to be on the private property. If you would like to be a checker/official let me know or get out there early. easy job no money.

Here I am on section 8 Sunday. crazy views. come have a picnic.

IMG_E0475.JPG
  11. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    The rocks should be try by the weekend. What about everywhere else?
  12. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been setting it up in the same conditions as it will be the day of the event. It is muddy so I put the sections in rocky areas that drain well. I do have a couple sections on the other side of the valley and it is clay and will have to be adjusted just before its time to compete. All the big motor-homes and stuff will have to be more scattered but there is plenty of high ground. They also have a big Cat if someone gets stuck. I have 3 Saturday sections right by where you have been before and Two Sunday sections there as well.
  13. Hookalatch

Oddometer:
    I hope to make it out again. Besides enjoying watching pretty incredible riders the ride out there and back is pretty nice too. Unfortunately I am struggling between working on all our downed trees and limbs on the seemly rare non rainy day and actually doing something fun. The snow storm that hit in February took out tons of trees including the one in the picture below. It totally blocked us and 6 other families in for three days. The picture is the 3rd day when we heard chain saws from the other side. It took 5 days to get power and 4 WEEKS! for telephone/internet.
    Not much fun trying to melt snow to flush the toilets and get water to lambs.
    upload_2019-3-26_13-31-21.jpeg
    Watercat, Foot dragger and Hop-Sing like this.
  14. Hookalatch

Oddometer:
    Hope the event went well for everyone. Sorry I didn't get to come by. Didn't even get a bike out this beautiful weekend.
  15. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I lived at 4600' above Greenville for a couple years,every winter was a lesson in struggle and survival.
    We were 3 miles up a fairly steep curvy dirt road. No one else lived along it so there was no reason to keep it open. Hydroelectric was the only power and a slide filled that in mid winter once...........and everything froze and there was 4 feet of cement hard snow with water under it like creeks. I wont be living near snow again anytime soon.
    RocknTroll and Hookalatch like this.
  16. ChicoProf

ChicoProf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I made it out for a short ride Saturday morning... been a long time since I've been able to experience weather that nice on a ride! Went out towards Paskenta, and bumped into the bicycle road race they were doing out there. Almost gave up on riding the gravel (so I could stay out of the cyclists' way), but circled around and took it in between their groups. Great day. Video if you want to watch (nothing exciting):
    Hookalatch likes this.
  17. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    The weather was good. We had over 70 riders both days !
    Good times with my Trials family.

IMG_0006.JPG

The riders out for a walk.

IMG_0013.JPG

Enough of the water, now lets go play on the rocks.

IMG_0024.JPG

This whole rock formation is on the side of a very steep hill.
    Watercat, catfish, Klrcharlie and 2 others like this.
  18. lvscrvs

lvscrvs Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

That looks like some good fun....

Caption that first pic.... "Hey guys I lost a contact lens can you help me find it please" ...
  19. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Crazy weather in and around Chico yesterday,easily enough hail around my place to make a 56262461_10161918352265529_6459984211683049472_o.jpg DSCF2776.JPG DSCF2783.JPG DSCF2779.JPG snow/hail man out of.
    Chico and Hookalatch like this.
  20. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think window blinds go on the inside, man!