Chico, Ca Dualsport Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Bob Tosi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. XLEnduroMan

XLEnduroMan Husky Head.

Oddometer:
    Talking about gates, the mc hater on 4 Trees Road is shutting the gate again. That gate needs to be removed!
  2. oobus

oobus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went all the way to Log Springs and a little bit past on Saturday. No gates and M4 was clear to that point. I think it was about 4,500' elevation. If there was more time I would have tried to get thru to Covelo: wouldn't be surprised if the pass was open...
    Klrcharlie and Foot dragger like this.
  3. Hookalatch

Hookalatch Born Under Bad Sign

Oddometer:
    Rode up to Lassen NP yesterday. They have the road cleared 10 miles in from the north entrance. Still lots of snow. More surprising was all the downed and snapped off trees. Looks like the snow storm that wreaked havoc on Shasta County in February hit pretty hard in the park too. 19' 8" of snow at Lake Helen. That's not a record but it's still a lot of snow.

upload_2019-5-14_14-49-34.jpeg

upload_2019-5-14_14-51-14.jpeg
  4. bdesj

bdesj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since this is the most "Plumas-ey" thread on the board, posting here. I just found a Plumas County road conditions page that I hadn't seen before and is kind of nice:
    https://plumascounty.us/1979/Winter-Road-Closures

But it makes me wonder about something that you guys might know. What the heck is Bucks-Oroville Road? Just this weekend there was a big sign just past Forestown Rd warning that OQH is still closed at Mountain House. Is Buck-Oroville maybe the bypass for the closed section? Also, Quincy-LaPorte is listed as being closed, but I'm pretty sure that one is often passable before the county officially declares it open. Anybody know what the current "real world status" up there?
  5. Mike Dirt

Mike Dirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buck Oroville Rd. is Oro-Quincy , and Quincy -LaPorte is still closed as of today .
  6. bdesj

bdesj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Mike. I wonder if maybe Plumas calls it Bucks-Oroville and then lists it as open because the closure is across the line in Butte? Does that make sense? By the way, I got lost in your backyard Sunday. Trying to get from the FF trailhead to Little Grass in my wife's car without a good map and without my personal Indian Guide. I thought maybe I was doin okay until I saw a sign that said I was on the way to Milsap Bar. Oops, U-turn time!
  7. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    A couple guys stopped at his gate a week or so ago,Blue came out and talked with them awhile and let them thru his gate.
  8. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Bucks/Oro Hiway is also Hiway 162 and isnt closed,there's a detour with signs to go around the closure,but any bike can ride thru the closed area no problem. Quincy/LaPorte rd is rumoured to be open by July 1st. Snow is being stubborn.

But! There is a new place to eat in LaPorte that looks very promising. Appears to be an effort at healthy food and looks very good.
    ChicoProf likes this.
  9. bdesj

bdesj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you. I remember riding Q-LP once before it was declared open (to meet up with Mike Dirt, as a matter of fact) because apparently a private individual plowed a single lane through the middle of the remaining drifts. Granted, that might not be the norm. New chow spot is always welcome, even if it is healthy food :D
  10. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good

Oddometer:
    Quincy-Laporte Rode pictures from last year 04/21/2018...
    Road was closed, but there was a single lane plowed all the way through. A few wet spots, but nothing difficult. I can't believe it's going to be July before they get it open this year :dunno

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might not be a good idea to attempt it on a weekday with road crews working.
    bdesj likes this.
  11. they

they bewilderness

Oddometer:
    I was up there yesterday, and they were working on the bad spot. Lots of dirt moved already. Shouldn't be long now. The road to Milsap bar is ok, but I don't think they've cleared it up past Seven Falls.
  12. Mike Dirt

Oddometer:
    The slide area on Oro-Quincy is being fixed , and I’ve been told riding around the closure is no longer possible .
    bdesj likes this.
  13. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good

Oddometer:
    I'm on the way there right now, are you saying this is closed and it's impossible to get through? The Plumas county website shows it as open https://www.plumascounty.us/1979/Winter-Road-Closures

Brush Creek >> A route has been opened around the washouts that block Oro Quincy Highway east of Oroville, but it’s not for recreational vehicles and trailers, and it’s not for people who like to drive fast.

The Plumas National Forest made some improvements to Corey Road (Forest Service Road 22N49) and Four-Mile Ridge Road (22N33), which with Butte County’s French Creek Road, bypass the washouts that closed the main highway.

Oro Quincy washed out in two locations north of Mountain House, about 20 miles east of Oroville, cutting off direct access from Oroville to Bucks Lake and other mountain recreation areas.

Corey Road roughly parallels the washed out main highway, but even with some improvements, it’s a long, long way from being a highway.

“This is a dirt road; people should drive with extreme caution, no more than 25 mph,” said Plumas Forest spokeswoman Lee Anne Schramel from Quincy.

https://www.chicoer.com/2017/08/04/bypass-to-bucks-lake-opened-but-it-is-limited/
  14. Mike Dirt

Oddometer:
    ^^^^ I should have been more clear about that . As far as I know the detour is open , it’s the slide area “ short cut “ that’s closed now . Let us know what you see !
  15. Smackit

Smackit Life Is Good

Oddometer:
    The detour is still open. It's about 10-15 minutes of easy gravel, a GoldWing with racing slicks could do it without any trouble.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amazing how much snow is still hanging around.

[​IMG]
    ChicoProf and Mike Dirt like this.
  16. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    It probably still has snow at Bucks lake,I was thinking about the slide and closure at Mountain House.
  17. XLEnduroMan

XLEnduroMan Husky Head.

Oddometer:
    My first impression/meeting the guy was several years ago when he drove down to the Hwy 70 turnout across from 4T. He was not being "cool" and got out a tablet and started writing down our license plates as we were loading up the bikes. Us taking out our cell phones and taking pictures of him and his license plate made him fell the vibe he was giving us and he gtfo. When I saw him at the gate the last time I was not "cool" and told him he was a male appendage. I wonder if he would be cool with me now and let me through the gate? I like riding up there, but I wont pay an appendage homage to do so.
    weldpro likes this.
  18. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I would say your screwed,right off hand. Unless he cant remember who you are.
  19. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anybody want to take a real ride. Oregon Trunk, High Line. you know the 'High iron".
    Foot dragger likes this.
  20. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    What do hobo's wear these days? I dunno if I have the right fashion accoutrements. Greasy jeans and plaid or no? Are meals provided.
    ChicoProf likes this.