Children's M/C gear

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Oddfellow, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Oddfellow

Oddfellow Beasty Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    My 9 year old daughter is always wanting a ride and it's getting to the point where we are going farther than just around the neighborhood. I don't feel comfortable with her in a plain jean jacket anymore. I want to get her some real gear, not just one of the leather "look like a biker" jackets. I saw a link for children's motorcycle cordura outfits once and now I can't find it. I think it was an English company. Anyone got any clues?:confused
  2. dik

dik Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    greetings from sunny ???? england

i'm certain hein-gericke do kids clothing, but cant find the catalogue right now.

a lot of off road gear comes in kids sizes.

how about this one...
    http://www.babybiker.com

HTH
    all the best
    rich
    notts
    uk
  3. Oddfellow

Oddometer:
    That's the one. Thank you, they even have some items on clearance. I'll post about quality when they arrive. Anyone else ever dealt with them before?
  4. Arch

Arch Incurable Gearhead

Oddometer:
    Michael, you may wanna have a look at children's dirt gear as well. There's tons of that stuff available out there and if no suitable armored jackets are found, a full chest protector under leather could do the trick. Also small knee/shin guards, elbow guards, etc...
  5. Oddfellow

Oddometer:
    I found a lot of motocross stuff for kids but what I was looking for was a jacket akin to the Kilimanjaro I like to wear. The Babybiker.com site has what looks like the kids equivalent. It may in fact be the Hein-Gericke stuff. They are calling some of them Hypertex which is a name Hein-Gericke/First Gear likes to throw around alot. I asked them to send some specifics, if it looks good I'm buying. They have a "Hypertex" jacket with CE armour in the shoulders elbows and back for 59.99 pounds or less than 100 bucks. I could buy her one every other year at that price, I'll need to the way she's growing. They also have the matching pants, gloves etc. I'll keep you posted.