Chilling out-2up-Antarctica2Alaska @Canada

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Lostmike, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless

Oddometer:
    Enjoying your adventures! Thank you for sharing! Safe travels to you both and I hope the beer outlasts your knee pain!!
    Lostmike likes this.
  2. Vince

Vince Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought a CTI knee brace when I did my ACL skiing in Canada, it made walking without Crutches possible and should prevent further Injury. Steven Gall, google him if your a younden sells them in OZ, and he hasn't had an ACL in either side since the 70s. Expensive but in your situation its a no brainer to me. With a few months of intensive physio, they work a 50c coin sized mussel on the inside part of your knee to stabilise it. Or its surgery time. Mine was a full tear and you won't walk at all with that. If you do get one make sure it fits inside your pants. Great read and good luck. BTW my travel insurance paid for mine and the physio back in Sydney, hope you have coverage. Keep all the documents for proof if you are covered, some exclude bikes.
    Lostmike likes this.
  3. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    A year ago i tore a muscle in my right shoulder. Somewhere i Europe, it gives me hell when i ride. I had the Doc look at it when we were home this last Feb. Seems theres FA i can do about other than some exercises. Keep riding is all i can say. Enjoying your updates.
    Lostmike likes this.
  4. Vince

Vince Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was thinking there would be some kind of retail CTI place in California. Nope. I got mine from the GP at Whistler, seems the Orthopedics have the contacts to buy them. Size and ability to adjust are 100% important Do your homework as a paid more than I should have, you do get desperate if you cannot walk on big trips.
    Lostmike likes this.
  5. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    No problems at all.Thanks for for the well wishes and following along.

6. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    I’ll have a look, thanks for taking the time to pass the info on. Was kinda of naively hoping it would fix itself. Like those jobs on the bikes we don’t like doing...

ll
  7. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate, was just going to drop up a line actually. Looks like your going great guns. As an aside, I’ve got a lovely set of tour master bar risers I’m not using anymore I could post you that might help with the shoulder pain.
  8. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    I tried a set of ROX risers 3 years back to try and gain more comfort long before I damaged the shoulder muscle. They lasted maybe a month and I piffed them. They gave a remote feel at the handlebars that I never liked. Actually they were stolen in Timor Leste when our bags were nicked off of the engine bars. So some kid is possibly hooning around Timore Leste with handle bar risers more expensive than their beat up old scooter. Pretty funny actually. :lol3
    Lostmike likes this.
  9. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Yeah that’s the trade of. I went to a set of hi bend bars and stock risers that feel a bit nicer. That will be the most expensive part of his bike haha.

10. XR Valdeez

XR Valdeez Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was awesome having you two here for the 4th! Keeping an eye on your travel through B.C. It's beautiful up there!

Ride far, ride safe!

Esteban
    Thomas B. and Lostmike like this.
  11. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    It was awesome being there mate, thanks again for everything, way behind on this, too much riding and beer. Tok tomorrow then Fairbanks for tyres. Tried to find some photos of your good side, but could only come up with these. Haha.
    IMG_5987.jpg P7030022.jpg P7040039.jpg
    Pipeman, Thomas B. and XR Valdeez like this.
  12. Thomas B.

Thomas B. desert racer

Oddometer:
    Hey, way to go! Making it to the top.
    Ride safe
    Cheers Thomas
    XR Valdeez and Lostmike like this.
  13. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate, just about there, need to load up on champagne and caviar for the celebration!
    Thomas B. likes this.
  14. Thomas B.

Thomas B. desert racer

Oddometer:
    do so!
    Lostmike likes this.
  15. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Hey team, super behind on this report. Haven’t had a day of the bike since LA. We made it up to Tuktoyatuk, super slippery and muddy on the way out but good past Inuvik, now in Fairbanks, having a crack at Prudhoe tomorrow. Will get some updates when we get back. Ride on.
  16. XR Valdeez

XR Valdeez Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Should make Deadhorse today! Good job!
    Lostmike likes this.
  17. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Just made it man. Awesome feeling. Thanks for all the help and support.
    XR Valdeez likes this.
  18. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Safely back in Fairbanks. 47000kms. 8 months. Updates and photos to follow. We are stoked.
    6F7E31C4-9C14-4B1D-8B10-61D0EB3440AE.png 3C09A1C5-A693-43C3-8262-A7F1D44334F7.png 02D2CFB5-F2AC-4FCF-AE7A-FD53F2614150.png
    Velko, XR Valdeez and roadcapDen like this.
  19. gperkins

gperkins graeme

Oddometer:
    Mike, keep an eye out for Kurt from Noway. He's up there somewhere on his XT660. We've been communicating for yonks, but havn't actually met.
    Lostmike likes this.
  20. Lostmike

Lostmike Cruising

Oddometer:
    Met him going up to Deadhorse in the pouring run, and saw him at Yukon river on the way back yesterday, nice guy.
    gperkins likes this.