1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Chillis rolls out of Vegas

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Chillis, Feb 29, 2020.

1. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I dunno, could be anything.
    Chillis likes this.
  2. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    701 Enduro!
    The Virginian likes this.
  3. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    if i did that, id just buy another dr650.

for the entry price of a 701, i could completely dial in the DR.

my DR was pretty much perfect, but i sold it.
  4. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    I'm telling you guys - the new T7 is the Goldilocks we've been wanting for enduro/adventure riding.
    It's never going to replace a proper dirt bike, but it's going to be an XR650 offroad, and an AT onroad - only better!
    I'm getting a white one :nod

[​IMG]
  5. Chillis

Oddometer:
    Been waiting, for years!
  6. MNimum

MNimum Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was going to be leaving for LV/Downtown Grand on Friday for a 3/29 - 4/3 combo visit with friends and day trips but no more. Between the LV shutdown, things getting weird everywhere, and my corporate IT support model completely changing, ...

Our thoughts are with the fine folks of LV and the wonderful hospitality that has been shown us. :(:

For riding small bikes on highways; I've used the strategy of finding a slower moving RV or (no offense intended) an old couple in a Buick to pace.

When following, faster drivers can come up on you really fast!, so that isn't very good. But if you get an idea of the slower driver's speed over a few miles and then get in front of them they serve as an excellent block. Vehicles clearing them will see you as their attention turns to focus on the road in front of the slower driver, and usually realize they want to pass you as well. On clear days I've found I can stretch the distance a good 100+ yards.
  7. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any riding happening in here? :ear
    Chillis likes this.
  8. Chillis

Oddometer:
    Being home full time with the chitlin, I'm sort of doing the home schooling with the kid.

Combine that and lousy weather(windy, little bit of rain here and there plus dipping temps) I've not had the bike out much.

That said, I geared up last night with one of my high powered thrower flashlights and a couple sidearms and went cruising the area because we have been having thieves passing through our street casing houses.

One house had the kids car broken into.

Can't believe they haven't gone after any of my equipment. They see the camera fest I've got going on I guess.

So cruised the SC last night.

Today I did take the FXDR out to wash it and ride a little. Still cold and windy but I wanted to clean the bike. Couple washes were close so I had to do some city riding to find an open wash.

Got the grime and bugs off of the bike so it was cruise towards Red Rock and Blue Diamond. Everything is closed so people are parking all over the road to get out of the house and hike or bike.

I headed towards Mt. Potosi and stopped for one pic.

IMG_20200327_144453.jpg

Afterwards I just cruised a little up the mountain and then headed home.

A few days and we will be in the 80's so I'm going to probably head to southern Utah and get my service done before I buck up for my Saddle Sore 1000.
  9. The Virginian

The Virginian Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well that about sums it up! Be safe.
    MYUMPH, Chillis and klaviator like this.