Christini AWD 450 DS Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Bike Nomad, Oct 24, 2011.

1. jack82

jack82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate........Lots of steep gnarly single track where I ride. Plenty of big logs to get over as well. I run a Rekluse on my Kato 500......works great in the hard stuff.
  2. Ken F

Ken F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've read that christini has different shafts size.I would get one from christini.
  3. jack82

jack82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ken......I'd better do some research.
  4. X1Glider

X1Glider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just sold my 450E and the buyer ordered a Rekluse based on me telling him that anything up to '11 in a 450X should fit fine. I guess he'll let me know if it isn't true.:doh
  5. Ken F

Ken F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buyer beware
  6. Kavalier

Kavalier Dorkar Adv Poseur

Oddometer:
    Stumbled across one of the inmate's bikes the other day - The Safari-rear-tanked\low-pipe 2013 Christini AWD 450DS Rally on this thread that used to belong to HalfFastMoto... For the record, if you do the rear tank, be sure to reinforce the subframe. I asked the current owner if he bought it from "Brad from Bothell" and he said "sorta" - Turns out our fellow inmate had a serious stroke and can no longer ride (or do a lot of other things he used to do). Best wishes to him. As for the bike - How reliable have you long-timers found it? My KTM990 was murdered cruelly by a Hyundai-wielding granny a few months ago, and I haven't yet figured out what to replace it with. These AWD bikes are definitely unique! 2/3 the weight, half the power, but it looks like it'd be a fun "Dakar cosplay prop" here in the PNW ;-)

[​IMG]