Chrome extension to change Flea market sort order

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by mbanzi, Jan 1, 2019.

1. mbanzi

mbanzi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    During a quiet period over the holidays I created a very simple Google Chrome extension to change the default sort order in the Flea Market to by Thread Creation Time. I couldn't figure out if there was a way to make the Thread Display Options at the bottom of the page stick, so I decided to take the most complicated approach to address the issue!

The extension is public but not listed, if you want to give it a try you can install it from (I hope):

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...r/eofiijecpidkhkleakdkfomijggbdcpg?authuser=1

You should see a little icon in Chrome's menubar, it will be grayed out for most pages:

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 11.16.22 AM.png

and turn green ONLY in the flea market:

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 10.50.21 AM.png

Hope someone finds this a useful as I have. As I mentioned I get no benefit from this, it was mostly to educate myself as an old grouchy software engineer how Chrome plugins works. It is also extremely simple by design, although I may add configuration options in the future.
    naruse likes this.
  2. FR700

FR700 Heckler ™©®℗

Oddometer:
    That option already exists.

Click on either start date, replies, views or last reply and the page will reconfigure itself.

Options..PNG
  3. mbanzi

mbanzi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes I know doing this has the same result as selecting the option at the bottom of the page, but it also has the same problem: the selection is not persistent. Every time you enter a flea market sub forum, you have to make that selection. That is the main reason I wrote the extension, it makes this selection automatically every time you enter one of the flea market pages.

4. WhereIsBobL

WhereIsBobL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you get another quiet period, could you figure out a way to show "New Threads" instead of "New Posts" from the Forum Home Page?