Cincinnati Area Dual Sport Group

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DYNOBOB, Jan 23, 2012.

?

Dinner Location?

1. Golden Corral

16 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Asian Buffet

16 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. J Gumbo

23 vote(s)
    22.5%
  4. Marions Pizza

52 vote(s)
    51.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo Squid Racer

Oddometer:
    My rule of thumb is always to try to avoid the first year release of anything major (i.e. new model bike, new tech, major change, etc).
    RozzyCat likes this.
  2. Hukamosh

Hukamosh Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep, my mantra too...slipped up and bought 1st year of the 500exc...best mistake I've made in a while though!

Hi Larry!
  3. obermj1

obermj1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Disregard was replying to PM in wrong place
  4. wheels2

wheels2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Chris.! Yep, I'd say your 500 has been very good to you. Think I'll get one when I grow up..
  5. tonusmaximus

tonusmaximus maximus Supporter

Oddometer:
    Posted a free 1980 gs550 in flea mkt. Beeds lotsa love. Has title.
  6. geoduch

geoduch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    gwhis likes this.
  7. BTWilliam04

BTWilliam04 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The flip side of this is that this is the only model year being produced in Europe. Next year production moves to India. So really you need to wait two years to avoid a "first year model"
  8. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    So, where to begin...... First, thanks Geoduch for alerting us to this!

Track is pretty close to Cin City and surrounding areas, so getting there wasn't a problem. Great viewing from the stands, looks to be a 1/4 mile or smaller track, so easy to see all the action. Cincinnati is a pretty small town so you see lots of people you know at events, and last night was no exception. Saw many people I knew from different riding groups. Pleasure to see Gwhis from that side of the state line!

More fun when you know some of the competitors; hey, there's a bunch of guys from the Comet including George D, who told us about it, and Eric R, and John W, and that's the owner of the Comet. Nice to see you all out there!

Then there's the action, plenty of exciting sliding around the track, steel shoes down, close competition, and fighting for position in the turns. At one point in a race Geoduch and the owner of the Comet decide to test one of the laws of physics that says two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time, and the law held. Coming into turn three they tried to touch, and Geoduch's bike decided to take a nap rather than kiss a hay bale.

I even provided a little of my own excitement. Went to look for my bike key at one point and it was nowhere to be found. It had been in my riding pants pocket with my wallet, so I figured maybe it fell out at the refreshment stand when I pulled my wallet out. Thankfully, an enquiry at the stand produced my key. That was a little more excitement than I needed!

Aside from the free admission there were other bargains to be found. At the refreshment stand I order two hot dogs and a soda. The lady puts my soda down and says $3. Hmm, not too bad, but I mention I also ordered two hotdogs and she says yeah, they're coming. Really, dollar hotdogs and dollar soda at an event? I'm used to getting ripped off at things like this, not finding bargains.

So, great night out and even the weather cooperated, comfortable temperature all night, not sticky. The ride home, partially with Jesse R, was even a little cool.

Couldn't ask for more.
    BTWilliam04, gwhis and DYNOBOB like this.
  9. geoduch

geoduch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to y'all for coming out last night! 20190712_213641.jpg
  10. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    Used to enjoy looking at the large cars and bikes gathering at Fuel Coffee on Riverside in Cinti early Sat. mornings. Sadly, they've closed and I haven't heard of anyplace that's taken over as a central meeting place.

Someone mentioned recently that a couple of other places are doing Sat. morning cars & coffee locally, so thought I'd check them out yesterday. Started out late, so don't know if what I saw was indicative of what they're like earlier in the AM. Also, it's vacation time, which may be affecting turnout somewhat.

Went first to Awakenings coffee shop on Montgomery, just north of the Reagan (Cross County for you old timers). Several interesting vintage British cars including a few Triumphs, an MGB, and a Lotus Elan. Couple of later Corvettes also. Bikes included several smaller dual sports and a very nice vintage Honda 350 scrambler. Had some interesting conversations with a couple of riders.

Left there and headed over to the other spot I'd heard mentioned, the Urban Grill in Newtown. Some of you may remember it as the final stop on the last Gentleman's Ride. A few cars including a '58 Corvette and a Mclaren. Some bikes, but it was almost 11 already and I was told most had left. Ran into a couple of good people I know from the Comet, also had a nice talk with someone I just met there.

Will try both again, earlier, in a while. In the meantime, if anybody knows of any large Sat. morning cars & coffee (and motorcycle) spots, please post 'em.
    gwhis likes this.
  11. DIRTLIFE757

DIRTLIFE757 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still watching weather for sunday.... have a southern indiana route layed out. If anyone interested send a pm. Big bike friendly but a skid plate is suggested. Some river beds, old bridges,and gravelish backroads.
  12. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo Squid Racer

Oddometer:
    Any fellow Cincy adventure riders interested in a 2 week trip to CO & UT at the end of Aug, first of Sep. If so, let me know.

1) Good attitude

2) Willing to commit

3) Able to take 2 weeks off work

4) Capable of up to 250 mi/day (should be less but...)

5) Able & willing to backcountry camp most of the time (rain or shine) including camp food

6) Self sufficient - tools, parts, gear, etc.
    RozzyCat and gwhis like this.
  13. BTWilliam04

BTWilliam04 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Urban grill is the most promoted now. We had a great turnout for Tuesday night Eastside bike night. Still building the crowd for Saturday mornings there. 20190723_184311.jpg 20190723_182547.jpg
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  14. LivinStill

LivinStill n00b

Oddometer:
    I just spent two weeks out there about a month ago. Enjoy the trip!

IMG_20190505_104101.jpg IMG_20190505_141506.jpg IMG_20190505_144115.jpg IMG_0420.JPG IMG_20190505_152450.jpg
    DIRTLIFE757 and DYNOBOB like this.
  15. alexlycaon

alexlycaon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone since i couldn’t find a cool motorcycle gathering for Saturday Mornings i decided to take over Fuel Coffee. I am trying to open the location in a couple of weeks. I am going to feature Colombian Coffee, pastries and a drink called Cholado. I am attaching a picture so you can see what it is. Anyways hope to see some of you there and then we go for a ride!! Follow me on instagram @tabogocafe thank you

IMG_3079.jpg
    Speedo66 and jpettit like this.
  16. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
    Nice! Let us know when you open.
  17. alexlycaon

alexlycaon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you i will let you know
  18. geoduch

geoduch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike Night at Lawrenceburg Motorcycle Speedway This Friday, August 2nd! Ride your plated bike to the track and get in Freeee!
    Mad Dog Heats:

Mad Dog Heats Mains:

20190726_235007.jpg
    Speedo66, DIRTLIFE757 and alexlycaon like this.
  19. DirtyTK

DirtyTK tony

Oddometer:
    KIMG0036.JPG KIMG0064.JPG KIMG0041.JPG KIMG0032.JPG KIMG0066.JPG KIMG0056.JPG KIMG0034.JPG KIMG0035.JPG
    hardkdx, Speedo66, DYNOBOB and 3 others like this.
  20. DirtyTK

DirtyTK tony

Oddometer:
    Just got back from Colorado bdr I highly recommend it if never done before it was a great trip
    LivinStill likes this.