Clear Creek - Nor CA

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - West & PNW' started by christian, Jan 9, 2006.

1. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    This track was done with 2x KTM 520 2xCRF450 , 1x ATK605 and 1xXR650R

so please don't try it on a bigger dualsport than that... some real technical.

Attached Files:

2. ThisEndUp

ThisEndUp Geek

Oddometer:
    Whoops, I took "Nor CA" to mean Northern California. I guess not.

What does it mean?

Brad
  3. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    well, Yea that's what I wanted... I guess it;s north of LA so North CA :rofl

anyway, can be central CA :freaky
  4. ThisEndUp

ThisEndUp Geek

Oddometer:
    I loaded the .gpx into Google Earth (cool tool) and it looks like a fun ride.

I've had an R100GS for the last 12 years, but today I'm planning on picking up a used DRZ400S and I'm looking for some rides more suited to the lighter bike.

This one's a bit further away than I had planned. DRZ's arn't the best long distanace freeway rigs and I'm up in Sonoma County. Heck, maybe I'll just throw the bike in the truck and do it that way.

How long did it take you to do the ride?

You said parts were pretty technical, see any problems for a guy who's used to trails suited to about 600-pounds of bike?

Thanks,
    Brad
  5. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    well, I have a DRZ400S for sale,
    check this:
    http://www.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/123951416.html

and I know I can do this ride with it. My friend did it on his XR650R and I can easily do what he does with the DRZ
    I wouldn't recommend it for a first ride ... once you are more familiar with the bike yea should be fine.:clap
    I have more rides that are more suited to the DRZ... if you buy it :evil

As far as freeway, it's ok but you may want to trailer it down there to save time and energy.
  6. ThisEndUp

ThisEndUp Geek

Oddometer:
    Sorry, I already had this DRZ lined up. I picked it up today and did about 45 miles (unfortunately mostly freeway). I love it, it's going to be MUCH nicer than the GS for any sort of dirt. OTOH, from here to Fresno is nothing on the BMW.

First gear is definately too high for the dirt and that seat needs about another inch of padding, but other than that, I really like it.