CLEMSON TIGERS: No. 1!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Okeedokee, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Okeedokee

Okeedokee Cranky Bastard

Oddometer:
    I'm kinda wishin' you wouldn't have found this thread!:dirtdog
    mudcrutch likes this.
  2. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    When he was hired I figured nobody with a name and personality as goofy as his could succeed. He made my eat my prejudice.
  3. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    Isn't it interesting that the two schools in the champ game come from states that aren't big recruiting grounds? That's something to point out next time a TN fan complains about recruiting.
  4. mudcrutch

mudcrutch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tell me all about it. You know how tough it is to recruit to West Virginia? There are about 30 kids that are from Florida, a handful from Texas thanks to our BigXII membership. We get plenty from Pa, Ohier even Virginia. WVU does pretty damned well for itself given that the state has less than a million people. Winningest D1 program without a NC. Someday.. someday I tell you!
  5. Okeedokee

Okeedokee Cranky Bastard

Oddometer:
    I can tell you this, when you walk through the town of Clemson and the campus, you instantly can understand why recruits' parents would be all for their little Johnny going there as opposed to a big-city university. I believe that has alot to do with Dabo's recruiting success. That and the fact that he's a freaking genius, of course!:-)
  6. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I appreciate Dabo sticking up for Watson as a NFL QB. He should. Good for Watson and good for the program.

But I heard that Watson is being viewed as a second rounder. I agree with that. It may even be a little generous.

The nat champ game showed his game. Big, strong, a battler, can run, can make big plays with his arm.

But it also showed what an inconsistent and often inaccurate passer he is. The NFL cannot tolerate inconsistency, especially from that position. He needs to be accurate. (IMHO inaccuracy is Cam Newton's Achilles heel as well.) So I don't see him as a star in the NFL.