Cleveland National Forest Report

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Mike Mike Motorbike, Aug 19, 2007.

1. dangerzone02

dangerzone02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where at?
  2. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    Maple Springs gate to peak to cooks.
  3. Fat Nelly

Fat Nelly poking the bear 24/7

Oddometer:
    Funny thing is. The squids on Facebook ride more than these "ADV"ers. Maybe if you brew some beer and make it more about drinking an acting a fool opposed to riding then this group will maybe show up? :topes
    theGrinch likes this.
  4. dangerzone02

dangerzone02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn...

What are you guys riding and what time? I just started browsing this forum again recently and it is pretty dead :(
  5. theGrinch

Oddometer:
    500’s at dusk.
  6. theGrinch

Oddometer:
    dusty but good for two.
    breakdirt916 and Fat Nelly like this.
  7. Fat Nelly

Oddometer:
    Trails all to ourselves, rest of these goons sitting on the couch arguing with the wives/ domestic partners. Grinch we have the good life my friend! Many more to come, Done asking people to have fun. Enjoy your keyboards while we twist throttles.
    This thread is DEAD!...
    breakdirt916 and HBSURFDAD like this.
  8. KICKNBACK

KICKNBACK Old enough to know better young enough not to care

Oddometer:
    Wait, didn’t you just use your keyboard to post this?
    Buster714 and breakdirt916 like this.
  9. bigtodd

bigtodd Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer:
    Well at least he's bringing back the old vibe of this thread when it was dominated by trolling drunk loudmouths ...
  10. theGrinch

Oddometer:
    LOL

Yeah this place needs lovin.

I heard the drunks went sailing.
  11. breakdirt916

breakdirt916 CA PLATED 94 YZ250 2-STROKE

Oddometer:
    by Oct I may come up solo to see if I can hear the drunks in the night. will meet after you guys go up...I get off work later on some days
  12. Buster714

Buster714 I'll ride anything

Oddometer:
    Happy Labor Day Weekend 2020

CNF_LABORDAY2020.jpg
    KICKNBACK and theGrinch like this.
  13. Fat Nelly

Oddometer:
    Yes I sure did.
    Difference with me being I just got done ripping hard enduro single track, at night, drunk, on dope, covered in poison oak, no rear brakes and hung over from the night before. Grinchy was in the same boat. So that gives him and I a shit talking pass compared to those who were safe at home! :-) If the forests were not closed we would be out there tonight as well while you will not.

Flying monkeys are the only other riders on here that meet weekly so recommend ya'll join in somewhere down the line. Their super nice and will take easy routes most cases. Great group of guys and highly recommended! Or you can ride with us, Assholes that take the hard routes, only recommended if your thick skinned. Both worlds having fun regardless. Or not, ADV could also stand for Adouchyvagina???
    Drunk loud mouthing covered! Man I miss those guys and their shenanigans. The Forest that sucks ass I think is what it was once called...
    Lets ride!
    theGrinch and HBSURFDAD like this.
  14. Fat Nelly

Oddometer:
    Yep, guys like you need that gate so no riding for you.:-)
  15. KICKNBACK

KICKNBACK Old enough to know better young enough not to care

Oddometer:
    Flying monkeys are the only other riders on here that meet weekly so recommend ya'll join in somewhere down the line. Their super nice and will take easy routes most cases. Great group of guys and highly recommended! Or you can ride with us, Assholes that take the hard routes, only recommended if your thick skinned. Both worlds having fun regardless. Or not, ADV could also stand for Adouchyvagina???
    Drunk loud mouthing covered! Man I miss those guys and their shenanigans. The Forest that sucks ass I think is what it was once called...
    Lets ride![/QUOTE]
    I will be back at it soon I just sold my 4fiddy so all I got now is big heavy bikes, but remember those side trails your ridin were made by some group and I’ve been riding up there for over 35 years long before gates, ranger patrol and rules came into effect back when you could ride out the back fence of saddleback park around the dump and lake past blackstar so don’t start bumpin chests your not the king of the mountain just yet hahahaha
    Also is riding hung over and drunk,stoned is that supposed to impress us? Well maybe the under 25 crowd I don’t think most here will think that says your a man as much as you might think it does.
    I respectfully say this because of my thick skin and I’m an asshole like you just older Braaap!
    breakdirt916 likes this.
  16. Dale Alberts

Dale Alberts n00b

Oddometer:
    At least someone still has them balls to ride those mountains. I miss them, miss you guys more, but...that being said, Costa Rica is pretty nice for riding.....every single day. I never ride “hard” anymore, but neither do I wear a stitch of gear, except a helmet, and if I am riding around the finca, not even that. Yes, I know, crazy, but I have been told that by many people in the grave already. Peace!
    theGrinch, Fat Nelly and breakdirt916 like this.
  17. Fat Nelly

Oddometer:
    Dale is back. Now its time to have some fun again with this thread and tender lillys that frequent its glory.

@KICKNBACK- Blah, Blah what used to be. FYI, 50 years old and been on that mtn 35+ years. Yes it was a good thing back then.
    @theGrinch was voted "King" of the mtn by us ADV'ers who actually ride. He will hold that title till his grave. I am more of the "Court Jester" of the mtn.
    Your the last group of sensitive sally's I would try to impress.
    Dale Alberts likes this.
  18. Dale Alberts

Dale Alberts n00b

Oddometer:
    To me it is funny seeing you guys talk smack...riding is like walking with Jesus, either you are doing it or you are not, there are no yesterdays or tomorrows. Ride the talk. I have seen couples from Alaska on XT225’s, young men on anything they could ride, who read these posts....up on the mountains. I have also met people riding KTM’s that told me how often they ride and know the mountains but after 9 consecutive months of full moon rides to the peak....I had never even heard talk of them. But he had three awesome KTM’s and looked with disdain at my beat up Suzuki DR400. Enjoy the riots, this conspiracy purple bong smoking rider....seen all that stuff coming, love ya, Pura Vida.
    ddowdy likes this.
  19. Dale Alberts

Dale Alberts n00b

Oddometer:
    Haha just looked back and seen off the trail...it might have been my Dakar but I know for sure I launched my WR250 off the side of the mountain and as I went over I went full spread eagle to not follow the bike.....and as it slid down the mountain I distinctly remembered the scene from Titanic as what’s his face slide into the ocean....I broke a few ribs that night....gee surprise...I think I have broken more ribs up there than I have. Have a good dose of arthritis in my back too...but I still ride, and I still smoke, and I am not complaining at all. You find out who will help your stupid a$$ in those situations as well. And thanks to those who did, help should never be expected, it is compassion.
  20. breakdirt916

breakdirt916 CA PLATED 94 YZ250 2-STROKE

Oddometer:
    https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/reo/d/trabuco-canyon-cabin-in-orange-county/7178535714.html

off-grid holy jim cabin: $79,000

worth splitting & airbnb when you're not there?

ah nvm...you can only rent it out 2 weeks per year...and you can't build a garage to work on bikes...it's truly just a "be one with nature when you wanna get away" sort of place...which is pretty lousy by SoCal escape standards. Cash only. Land lease through the US Forestry service at $1,200/year.

nvm...the silverado/modjeska vacant land tracts are more attractive for a private trail system w' a cabin to rent out & barn to run a table saw.