Cliffside ride at dusk just to have a cup of coffee with a view

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by latigid, May 21, 2020.

1. latigid

latigid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    TFC, staticPort, JeepDawg and 5 others like this.
  2. adventurelounger

adventurelounger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey latigid—let me be the first to say AWESOME VIDEO. Great craft, from shots to editing to music (to bike to coffee-creation, although I'm more of a Guzzi and V60 pour-over guy!) Looks like a beautiful ride up around Bear Mountain. I also checked out your other videos. As a half-time NYer, haunting to see it from a bike's perspective. I've driven around downtown (East Village/Soho) a bit by car. But you really captured the uncomfortable weirdness. Ride safely—you don't want to need an ER these days. Keep making your soulful videos—they're terrific. And say a little prayer for NYC. Right now, it feels like it took a direct hit in the nuts.
    latigid likes this.
  3. HPPants

HPPants Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Most excellent ride report. A good cup of Joe is awfully hard to beat.

I suppose that is what you call "upstate New York"? Was that the Hudson River?
    I've never been to NY. Been watching and reading a little about early American history and I'm definitely intrigued.
    latigid likes this.
  4. latigid

latigid Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words adventurelounger, they are much appreciated. I'm just trying to make the videos I look for on youtube and can't often find. Motovlogs are OK, but I want the videos to be about the ride and the experience and less about me.

I'm a lifelong NYer and the city right now is incredibly eerie. Stay tuned, I have more videos planned.

Thank you sir.

That's north of the city, but not quite what I'd consider upstate. That is indeed the mighty Hudson you see and the area the ride was in would be considered in the Hudson Valley I guess.
  5. glasshousebc

glasshousebc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyable viewing... great work, nice looking vista for a well deserved coffee... nice one.

enjoyed your NYC videos too... eerie, eh, seeing it so quiet.

stay well
    Steve
    latigid likes this.
  6. SilverAdvRdr

SilverAdvRdr Always learning, sometimes teaching Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

Dave
    latigid likes this.
  7. latigid

latigid Adventurer

Oddometer: