1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Clowns of the West

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by herrhelmet, Oct 18, 2010.

1. RAZR

RAZR u may run the risks my friend but I do the cutting

Oddometer:
  2. herrhelmet

herrhelmet Land n sea adv

Oddometer:
    So the tour de clowns will take place according to plan unless heavy rains are predicted which could ruin our clown makeup...

I will go out a few days before to scout where the big puddles are... and post basic directions and GPS coordinates for the turnoff for Cuddeback and the camp location. I will be in a white 2003 Eurovan with a pop top.

Friday: If you want to show up and camp out, that's great or just come out Saturday: before 9am.

If you don't have a clown bike, that's o.k. you can look like a clown on anything you want.

If you don't want to dress up as a clown, bring your video camera and we'd appreciate any good vids you can share with us.

There is lodging in Randsburg which is only a couple of miles away and some convenience gas station food, but BYO as said before.

I'll answer any questions besides anything about "rules" since there aren't any.
  3. mpanther

mpanther KotW - Just Ride!

Oddometer:
    Wish I could be there, but now I have to Work.
    Sucks.

Have a great time you clowns!
  4. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    I will be out there friday :clap (white Dodge Ram 1500 standard cab short bed, District 37 sticker in back left window, shitty old bikes in the bed) its gonna be nice to get out of work on a friday to go ride....havent done that in years :D.

how far is the husky monument 20-30miles??
  5. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Hope to see you there Jeff.

May leave the Yammie TDUB and bring the TL250.

Ford based Tioga Fleetwood with rear tray for bikes.

Friday I hope. Got to smog the rig and do my tax first (same day!).
  6. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    James bring em both :D
  7. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    I can only bring two on the tray. Maybe the TL and Colleen's TW.
  8. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    bring a Tdub...i want to test ride one :evil seariously i have been looking at maybe getting a pair....I'll let you ride my KLX650 in return :D

so folks is it bad my honda trail 90 is oil foiling plugs:eek1 time for a morning motor swap:lol3 i think i maye have the rings positioned wrong when i put the motor back together after my top notch hone job to remove the rust ring in the cylinder (sand paper)
  9. mpanther

Oddometer:
    hope you FFs are having a blast!
  10. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    Not till next week. But me and my Capt'n are having a great time today :lol3
  11. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
  13. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. mpanther

Oddometer:

Oh I know, I know.

if it was This weekend, I could have come. lol.
  15. hilslamer

hilslamer 2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22125382" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/22125382">Deus Dress Up Drags</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/deusbali">Deus ex Machina</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  16. hilslamer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, due to work constraints on Friday afternoon late and also other schedule conflicts, I can't come. This all just cropped up yesterday and this morning and I look forward tot he pictures, and I've got a spare bike if anyone is heading out there from AZ and needs one...

:cry
  17. herrhelmet

Oddometer:
    AS ANYONE WHO HAS READ THIS THREAD KNOWS, ALL ATTEMPTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO MAKE THIS A COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED, UNDER-THE RADAR, NO COST, ETC. ETC. NON-EVENT...

THIS CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE---------------

AFTER LOOKING INTO SOME INFO POSTED ON THE DISTRICT 37 WEBSITE REGARDING BLM PERMITS AND PEOPLE GETTING FINED...

The statutory authorities underlying the regulations in this part are the Federal Land Policy and Management Act, 43 U.S.C. 1701 et seq. , and the Federal Land Recreation Enhancement Act, 16 U.S.C. 6801 et seq.

(a) The Federal Land Policy and Management Act (FLPMA) contains the Bureau of Land Management's (BLM's) general land use management authority over the public lands, and establishes outdoor recreation as one of the principal uses of those lands (43 U.S.C. 1701(a)(8)). Section 302(b) of FLPMA directs the Secretary of the Interior to regulate through permits or other instruments the use of the public lands, which includes commercial recreation use. Section 303 of FLPMA authorizes the BLM to promulgate and enforce regulations, and establishes the penalties for violations of the regulations.

(b) The Federal Land Recreation Enhancement Act (REA) authorizes the BLM to collect fees for recreational use in areas meeting certain criteria (16 U.S.C. 6802(f) and (g)(2)), and to issue special recreation permits for group activities and recreation events (16 U.S.C. 6802(h).

(c) 18 U.S.C. 3571 and 3581 et seq. establish sentences of fines and imprisonment for violation of regulations.

[72 FR 7836, Feb. 21, 2007]

AND TRUST ME, IT'S COMPLETELY AMBIGUOUS WHETHER "WE" CLOWNS WOULD ACTUALLY NEED A PERMIT... I PERSONALLY THINK, IF YOU DON'T MARK THE COURSE OR CHARGE $, IT'S O.K. BUT I'M NOT BANKING ON IT.

AND ALSO DUE TO THE FACT THAT MANY OF THE PARTICIPANTS HAVE HAD TO CANCEL DUE TO WORK, INJURY OR BETTER RIDING EVENTS...

THIS RIDE IS GOING TO BE RESCHEDULED IN LATE FALL CLOSER TO HALLOWEEN, IF WE CAN GET SOME KIND OF TACIT ASSURANCE WE ARE ALLOWED TO ASSEMBLE.

SO, IF YOU WERE 100% PLANNING ON GOING TO CUDDEBACK DRY LAKE AND DRESSING LIKE A CLOWN RIDING AN OLD CRAPPY BIKE ON APRILL 16, IT'S STILL GOING TO BE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND. FULL MOON TOO. I'M STILL GOING OUT THERE TO RIDE THIS WEEKEND.
  18. hilslamer

Oddometer:
    :cry

Have fun...
  19. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Don't cry little one. I can't make it either due to some recon work I have to do this week and weekend.

The recent Ridgecrest BLM clamp down needs some more looking into. This and the fact that so many people can't commit due to other rides and Easter being so close makes the timing kind of poor right now.

I'm sure Jim will ignite this bomb again in October :clap
  20. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    See U F ing clowns in October:freaky