1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

C'mon Klim...really?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Czechplease, Apr 7, 2020.

1. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid! Supporter

Oddometer:
    So now your excuse for bad customer service is that they don't get paid enough to be competent? SMH
    BobcatSig likes this.
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    Have you ever managed minimum wage people in a high turnover position?
    SenorCollin and levain like this.
  3. appliance57

appliance57 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Don't pay them minimum wage and you'll eliminate high turnover. Works for Costco.
    ADVraider, BobcatSig and JimVonBaden like this.
  4. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    No, because I never worked where the pay was minimum wage. You are assuming that is what KLIM pays. Do you know this for a fact, or just making excuses for them?
  5. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    OK you win!

I'm part owner in Klim and I'm trying my best to cover up all of our shitty overpriced stuff.
    SenorCollin likes this.
  6. glory racing

glory racing Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These Klim posts are always funny/sad. The fact that it continues to happen says a lot.
    If a companies pricing strategy is top of the line most people expect top of the line customer service. Pretty simple. Will some customers expect to much...certainly, but the overall profit margins should cover. Also, those that invest in top of the line items do not want to hear 'bad' about their brand.
    If Klim does not work to limit the bad press it eventually will effect the brand.
    Just FYI, Walmarts major growth took place when they started the return anything policy. They realized some would take advantage but overall increased sales would cover the cost. Worked pretty good I would say.
    BobcatSig and Doug Just Doug like this.
  7. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    To make this clear, I never said KLIM has shitty overpriced stuff. I have an excellent KLIM helmet. I even said this is this thread. But you fanboys just can't accept any criticism of KLIM, even if it is making excuses for their employee's crappy customer service.
    nbsdave and Bultaco206 like this.
  8. Madman4049

Madman4049 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not sure who you're addressing but I'm for sure not blindly praising them. I love Klim it's better than any other brand I've tried and I've tried alot but I got no problem calling people on their BS. I gave Rev-It a good ribbing over their Cayenne Pro yet I wear/love other rev-it daily, dirt 2 gloves phenomenal, cold, hot, wet, dry, 21hr iron butt and 2 years use, perfection, rain gear also phenomenal. I've had zero bad experiences with Klim and lots of good, most everyone I know who uses Klim is the same. I see folks be black/white regarding Klim, people either love it or shit talk it every chance they get, prolly cause they can't/won't afford it and are jealous. Sorry not sorry call it how I see it.

What we know is what he typed, Jacket had issue, Klim tried to resolve TWICE he refused or failed to follow either. Those saying ehhh "Klim should have established policy" whaaa blah blah. They DO lol they told him mail it, HE failed to mail it. Soo Klim said F it cut the sumbitch and send a pic, OP then FAILED to do that too. That means his situation is 100% his own fault period point blank. Yes Klim should have covered shipping which he admitted they agreed to so again show me how Klim failed? You freakin can't, Klim did what they were supposed to do you can't convince me otherwise.

You wanna hear a CS horror story that's legit, I ordered/received an Ashley headboard for my Son three times because the shit was broke on delivery twice. They tried to say it was my fault, I opened a BBB claim and submitted pics and security cam footage of it arriving on my door F'd the F up. Did I hop in a furniture forum and create a whine thread though NOPE, it's part of life shit happens, I drove to the warehouse and signed/accepted a not F'd up one their carrier "local inbred company" was at fault.

Klim's Customer Service is great, I would know I've spoken to them prolly 20 times wanting ETA updates and return status updates. If Klim was short with OP it's prolly cause he likely had a shit/whiny attitude, we know and he even said in his own post that he can't follow simple instructions... Stop trying to make something out of nothing.
    thirsty 1 likes this.
  9. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    I don’t get it. You chose to keep a defective jacket instead of receiving a new one at no cost? What difference does it make if you cut it up at home or they do at their facility? I had the same issue with a Badlands jacket and was dumb enough to ship it to them on my dime, but they did ship me a new replacement. They’re probably just trying to save a few bucks on shipping costs since they’re going to destroy it anyways.
    Madman4049 and Strong Bad like this.
  10. Strong Bad

Oddometer:
    I think your mistake here is that because some of us have come up with potential reasons for a crappy experience with Klim, you think we are all a bunch of Klim “fanboys”, which appears to be no more the case than you being an across the board Klim hater. That’s what happens when you start putting labels on people.
    Madman4049 and thirsty 1 like this.
  11. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    I actually quoted who I was addressing. :deal
    BobcatSig likes this.
  12. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    Not MY mistake. You made up an excuse with zero proof of why the customer service was bad. I'm not sure how many times I have to say I do NOT hate KLIM for you to get it. I do NOT hate KLIM, I dislike CRAPPY CUSTOMER SERVICE! Excuses for crappy customer service makes one a Fanboy! Period! :deal
    borderlinebob and Bultaco206 like this.
  13. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    Jim
    Reading comprehension lacking when they don't pay enough attention to see who you are replying to—-
    YET they claim to be able to interpret the OP just fine.:becca

I was not even aware of Klim till I got back on a motorcycle and on this site.
    I have read a few times that things were different prior to 2012 before Polaris?
    But just hearsay..
  14. glory racing

Oddometer:
    If you go on a bike specific forum and say bad shit about the bike, odds are you are gonna get dog piled...regardless of the facts. Many people who buy Klim react the same way. Just the way it is. I don't have a dog in this fight and have no desire to chose sides, just stating what I have observed over the many years I have survived.
    Again, IMO if Klim does not get a better customer service mindset, the brand will continue to take hits and will suffer.
    BobcatSig and JimVonBaden like this.
  15. borderlinebob

borderlinebob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CANADA-100 ft N of International Falls, MN
    This is what I’ve been saying also.
    They need a consistent customer service policy that doesn’t start by trying to pass cost to the customer.
    Have not said their products are poor quality or problematic.
    I own “ none” so I can’t have an opinion! But I’m not a Klim hater.

I hope for nothing but the best for Polaris as they are a inovative US company.

With that I think I better leave this thread after about half a dozen posts.
    More posts that the OP who appears to have given up.
    Can’t blame him.:hmmmmm
    BobcatSig and JimVonBaden like this.
  16. JimVonBaden

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  17. Chrismcp12

Chrismcp12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In that case, can you get me a deal on a helmet?

I kid I kid.
  18. Doug Just Doug

Doug Just Doug Silly Party Candidate Supporter

Oddometer:
    BTW, there are many similar Klim warranty complaints on snowmobile boards, too. At least they're not discriminating against motorcyclists. :^)
    BobcatSig likes this.
  19. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had the exact same happen to me a few years ago. Except mine was not even 24hrs old and it was a jacket snap that broke. They even told me that they would charge for the repair and then send it to the Warranty Dept for a determination on the refund. I was LIVID.

I called my dealer and they profusely apologized on Klims behalf. Gave me a full refund for all items (2 Klim jackets, pants and gloves) as well as gave me a 15% discount on any other brand. I bought BMW and haven’t looked back.

Ive always read these things and truly wonder if the cost of quality is really that much cheaper than all these replacements they send out for defective gear. I mean, a higher grade snap or better reflective material vs two entire jackets cost?
    BobcatSig and Doug Just Doug like this.
  20. glory racing

Oddometer:
    I am guessing there is a bean counter/manager somewhere looking at a report and concluding that something has to be done about the return/repair/warrantee expense. He/she may be focused on the next period/years 'report' and perhaps on the size of his/her bonus. Long term effects on the brand and sales is not realized. My many years in the corporate world saw this play out many times at the detriment of a brand and sales. What looks good on a report, in theory and discussed across a board table simply does not work in the field. The customer forever lost in the post above simply does not show up on any category on the 'report'. Apparently this has been going on for a while with Klim with no sign of improvement. ???