COBDR on Africa Twins.. Video With Drone Footage

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by danmcc6, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Al-Rider

Al-Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Loved your video and rr. Like others have
    Pics & video of Co never get old.
    danmcc6 likes this.
  2. WalterMitty2

WalterMitty2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few more questions (sorry), as I am overthinking this as usual. Maybe this will help others as well.

1) Section #2 appears to be "Telluride to Lake City", with options (see below). There appears to be an "Easy" way that goes from Ouray to Lake City, but is much longer (in green). Even though the "official" track doesn't even go through Ouray. Which did you take? Which way do you recommend? The site's description of this section is this....

The ride from Ouray to Lake City covers incredible terrain over Corkscrew Pass, California Pass, and Cinnamon Pass. Expect to take the better part of a day to explore this area. There will more than enough excuses to stop for a photo and wander around historic mining towns.

Which route includes all these passes? The Easy Route, or the Blue Route? It's hard to tell since the Blue route doesn't even go through Ouray.

COBDR - Lake City Options.JPG

2) The next place for options is before you get to Buena Vista. It appears you have 3 options, Blue, Green, Red (expert). Which did you take? How expert is the expert route? Map section below....

COBDR - Buena Vista Options.JPG

3) The COBDR appears to just sort of end at a T intersection just inside of Wyoming. Kind of an anti-climatic finish. Did you take it all the to the end? I'm sort of a rule follower, so even though it looks a little unnecessary, I would be inclined to finish it.

COBDR - End.JPG

4) Back to Telluride: The section 1 description from the site includes this...

While the official route takes off on a dirt road just before the town of Telluride, consider riding through the historic downtown and up to Bridal Veil Falls.

Is the red dotted line below the track to Bridal Veil Falls?

Telluride Spur.JPG
  3. danmcc6

danmcc6 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. WalterMitty2

WalterMitty2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome. Thanks for all the input.

I will be pressed for time too. One of the biggest logistical issues is that I live in Illinois. So I'm thinking of driving out with the bike in the truck, park near the start, ride it, and then quickly get back to the truck. I'm thinking Dolores might be the best spot to unload, and sort of have to do an out and back to the 4 corners to start the ride.