Coffee and New Friends, One 250cc Explosion at a Time

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tewster2, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Tim,
    Did Anthony post his pics/videos or only what was added to yours? I remember you mentioning he took some panoramic shots too, or sphere photos.
    I enjoy your vids and share the links with friends on other forums too. Think I like 'em more than they do.
    FYI, you must have posted the wrong phone number on the video as the local girls (down on the corner) I shared it with said they couldn't reach you!!!!!!!!!
  2. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Clampett, I incorporated most of what Anthony shot. The only panoramic one I put in the vids was the one he did at the Dugway. I don't think he himself has posted any of his shots. I will let him know that he needs to one day. And....thanks for sharing the number to the ladies...don't know why they've not called....maybe it's my face and figure :)
  3. Clampett

Clampett Uncle Jed

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I understand...the Clark Gable look just isn't in like it used to be. Alrighty then, I guess you need to finish editing the rest of your footage so I can finish seeing it before I leave for my ride :doh
  4. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    In the middle of editing episode 7 now. Another long one one. Lots of footage where we had an interesting ride on the ice covered Million Dollar Highway north of Silverton.
  5. Tewster2

Oddometer:
  6. KryzHatch

KryzHatch Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi TWESTER 2,
    Just watched the episode 7. Brilliant (as always !) was feeling the rain on my face (almost !)
    About the ladies, don't think it's your face, but more practical. Maybe the YAMAHA...not enough place for their luggage. (Just saying !!)
    KH
  7. Blazejeep

Blazejeep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride report Tim, been following your vids for a while but just came across this today. Hoping to take a ride out to Durango first week of October on my GS. Hopefully a slow day at the firehouse tomorrow and I will get to watch episode 7.
    I agree with your point of spending much time taking video/photos and editing time to put your rides on the tube and RR's, I can't seem to do well at that. A few pics with the Iphone is all can seem to get from a whole day of riding, and they aren't that good usually. Thanks for taking the time to share your trips!!
  8. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Glad you are enjoying the vids. In my former profession, fire fighters and paramedics patched me up many times :)
    I just shoot what interest as I ride along. Usually really short clips. Editing is the long part but it is nice to remember the stuff as I'm putting the footage together. Durango will be great in October...cooling off...and kids are back in school so a bit less traffic. I'm heading to Glacier next Friday and will follow the fall season south to NM then home.

Haha....yep, when they look at me they start laughing....when they look at the bike they laugh even harder! Then I found out that you are supposed to put the large sweet potato in the front of your pants and not the back.....
    bikerbill2 likes this.
  9. 3dogrider

3dogrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Tim, just found this thread and am enjoying the videos. I'm thinking you are still out there on the road. Again, if you come through Salida, Co. give me a shout. The Aspens are beautiful right now and so is our weather. Travel safe. Terry. cell-970-379-7270
  10. OnTheWay

OnTheWay Rock Liu Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well done!I approve of ur writing style posting more videos in RR.That's a good way to show sth interesting lively.Support!!
  11. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hey thanks for watching! I can't type wuff a toot so vids are my way of communicating my stuff....

Hey Terry, good to hear from you. I am back home at the moment getting ready to go to the Horizons Unlimited meeting at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge here in Western NC. Spent August and most of Sept out west showing my friends from Australia around the country. I am planning on coming back out to CO in the spring so I've got you on my list of beer drinking locations for the trip! Take care. BTW....15,000 trouble free miles on the WR so far and not one single problem :)
    Clampett likes this.
  12. houndawgg

houndawgg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yo, TT, Stayed at Marcia's for six days on my eastward rotation from my 10,000 mile trip. Any lady that can change their own alternator and serpentine belt, is OK in my book.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hahaha that's Marcia...she can rebuild a jet engine!
  14. 3dogrider

3dogrider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds good Tim. The beer will be cold and plentiful. Taking my WR in to Apex Sports, Co. Springs tomorrow for the recall fix. I hope to do some backroads in Southern Colorado next month. Fingers crossed. Went to a wedding event this past Sat. and met a very nice couple from Brevard, N.C. They sold us on that area. Sounds very nice. Asheville as well. I'd like to get out there someday. Soon. By the way. What did you think of the Anthony's V strom? I have a 2012 as well and like it a lot. Take care. Terry
  15. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hey Terry, come on over to my patch here in the mountains of NC anytime. Always have a room for ADVers. Brevard is a nice place....a bit upscale for me though :) I didn't get a recall letter so maybe I need to check my VIN # to make sure. Things move a bit slow where I'm at.....took my GS out today for a bit as it has been really lonely for almost a year now that I am riding the WR! Anthony's V-Strom did perfect...not a single problem at all. It's about the perfect mid sized bike. I"m gonna give Marcia a call soon to see how things are going.
  16. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Episode 8 is now live. Sorry it took so long....Just got back from another ride out west and just got back to editing the 250 trip. This episode has everything from rain, ice, snow, mud, freezing temps, and wind....just about perfect, enjoy.
  17. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    What the hell is this &#8217 stuff doing in my report?
    ShimrMoon likes this.
  18. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Episode 9 is done and up on YouTube.

SteverinoB, Swashplate and Clampett like this.
  19. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I'm late to your party. You should come up and join us on the Best of Montana rides in July. I'm doing them on my WR and loving it.

Tim in Burien, WA
  20. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hey Timmer! I think I used to listen to you on Side Stand Up correct? I'd love to come out and ride in July. I'm heading to Australia the first of May to ride for two months. If I get back in time to head back out your way I'll give you a buzz.