Coffee and New Friends, One 250cc Explosion at a Time

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Tewster2, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Bill, good question. I travel with a 13 inch Macbook Air. If I have time and feel like it at the end each the day I'll copy my files to its hard drive. I don't erase the SD cards so I end up with two copies as a good backup until I get home and copy everything to my big drives. I don't use high capacity SD cards, only 8GB cards ( I carry a handfull as they are cheap) for this reason: If one of the cards gets corrupted, damaged,or lost then I've only lost a small bit of data. If I used a big card and filled it up, when the inevitable happens (corrupted or damaged or lost), and it will sooner or later, I've don't loose a ton of data. I cringe when I read about people putting their whole trip on one 64 or 128 GB card without doing a backup. Another thing about file size....unless you really want to you don't have to set the GoPro to record anything more than 1080p @ 30 fps. YMMV but in the end I'm not trying to impress anyone with super high definition 4 or 8k high fideltiy stuff. I just want to remember my trip....

Thanks for watching. If you have any questions you'd like to talk about, PM me and I'll give you my phone, Cheers, Tim.

Oh one more thing....I may be coming across OK on my way to Alaska in May...are you on the Tent Space Thread? Love to meet.
  2. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not on the tent space thread but I live in the woods on 5 acres 30 miles east of Oklahoma City, I might be able to find space for you. :-) I'm still watching your video RR so probably have more comments/questions as I see more.
    My plan is to leave Oklahoma for Alaska end of May.

I've got a couple of 32 GB cards for the GoPro, maybe pick up some cheap smaller ones for my trip. I was thinking of carrying my PC laptop and using it for storage.
  3. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    32 GD cards will work just fine. I usually shoot about 3 to 4 GB of footage each day. As my departure time gets near I'll buzz you to see if it wouldn't be a problem stopping by. I gonna shoot for leaving around the 15th of May.
  4. supertino

supertino Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where is episode 10?
  5. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Haha I'll get to it soon...it's just riding in the rain back to NC...pretty boring but I do need to finish the series....maybe next week when I run out of beer and nothing else to do :)
  6. ADVrider973

ADVrider973 FlyDriveRide

Oddometer:
    Waiting for the next video :lurk:dirtdog
  7. leftleg

leftleg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    TEWSTER2,
    I'm new to the ADV site I have watched and enjoyed most of your videos on youtube, thanks for sharing. Keep sharing your rides, good stuff! See you on the roads around WNC when it warms up!
  8. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hello! Welcome to the land of the insane and above average :) I live just west of Asheville so when it gets good give me a buzz. Thanks for watching my stuff.
  9. zoid

zoid Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer:
    Just watched episodes 8 & 9. :D Crappy weather and all, you still have way too much fun! Hope to see you on the road someday!:thumb
  10. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Yep the weather was interesting to say the least! The little 250 is a hoot and makes any weather seem less important. I'm heading to Alaska on the thing in May. If you are between me and Prudhoe Bay, PM me and let's ride a bit. See Ya.
  11. ADVrider973

ADVrider973 FlyDriveRide

Oddometer:
    WoW Alaska can't wait for your RR and videos :thumbup are you riding solo????
  12. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    For the most part I'll be by myself. I've got a few folks I've met online through the videos and this forum that I'll be stopping by to see and a few of them said they will ride with me up the Haul Road, Denali Hwy, and the Top of the World Hwy. It's gonna be and adventure for sure!

I've decided I'm going to leave Asheville and head mostly west out to Moab then turn north and follow the spring north to Deadhorse. Then I'll wander back south east towards home. If anyone lives along the way I'd love to stop by say hi.

BTW, how is the riding in Bahrain?
  13. ADVrider973

ADVrider973 FlyDriveRide

Oddometer:
    Thank you for your reply. Your plan is what i would like to follow one day in the future its my dream to ride state side and up north to Alaska. As you would probably know Bahrain is small we do ride its fun sometimes but extremely hot in summer.
    Last year i did my first ever Adventure ride from Bahrain through Saudi Arabia and into the United Arab Emirates riding to where the Adventure is Oman. I have an instagram account @ADVrider973 check it out i think you will like it. Of course I blame you all in getting me into this amazing world of Adventure! unfortunately this year i wasn't able to ride back to Oman due to work commitment and I have been chosen to drive the Bahrain Racing team Porsche GT3 in the Middle East championship. Weather wise we have a small window here if you miss it then its hot dusty and not very enjoyable.
  14. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    I wish you great luck and success with the race team! It must be awesome to drive one of those GT3's. Will the series be televised here in the States? One day you will have to come over and ride in the States. When you do please give me a call and I'll ride along with you. Take care.
  15. ADVrider973

ADVrider973 FlyDriveRide

Oddometer:
    Thank you so much indeed the GT3 is an amazing car to drive as well as one of the most difficult. Below is a youtube link to my onboard video. I shall ask if they will televise it in the state and let you know. You will be the first to know about my possible ride in the states thank you :thumb

16. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Awesome video. Why don't you bring that GT3 over here and let's rip some of these mountain roads? :lol3
  17. Blazejeep

Blazejeep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You taking the WR or GS out west this year? WR looked like fun. Good videos as expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving around the end of May on the WR heading west to Moab Utah then north to Prudhoe Bay Alaska then back south to northern Mexico then home. This one is gonna be about 12,000 miles of tiny bike fun! I'll be on the road about 2 months and will have a new series about the trip posted as soon as I can after I get back. Thanks for watching...you wanna ride along on the trip?
  19. Blazejeep

Blazejeep Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wish I could. Maybe out around CO, UT, and maybe AZ sometime this year. No definite plans yet but need to figure it out soon. About to put in vacation at the fire station. I am senior man on my shift now so I have first pick. Will keep ya posted if I get a chance to go out west this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Tewster2

Oddometer:
    Hope it works out for you to get out west. I love Utah and Colorado. If I leave May 15 I'll be out near Moab in about 5 or 6 days. I travel low and slow. Planning on staying at the 3 Step Hideaway for a day or two before heading north. I've met many great people through my vids.

BTW...many firefighters have patched me up after fights with dirtbags that didn't want to go to jail (I was a Sheriff's Deputy)....I owe you guys bug time!