Colorado Front Range Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Charleetho, Dec 23, 2010.

?

Was the solar clock photo a file photo and thus should be disqualified as tag?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2019.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's a game, this is dumb, move on

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  1. Blakebird

Blakebird r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer:
    after a few zillion tags you've gotten all the good stuff and have moved on to the 'trivial pursuit' tags :lol3
    Deano955, Assfault and Podzo's PD like this.
  2. riderjohn

riderjohn Tag Sniper

Oddometer:
    Guess I'll have to go get it after I get back from Germany.
    VonBiker and Assfault like this.
  3. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    RLK nailed it!

Von, it technically isn't winter yet, certainly not a couple weeks ago when it was placed.
    Since when is everyone concerned about the rules? :fpalm
    I thought everyone just wanted to play.

Hint;
    WES did the TON riding the Legend road.
    He was schooled by the local talent.

Since your Google is broken, here you go, I'm in a giving mood.
    Took as long as Charlie, less than a minute. Would you like some cheese with your whine?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hig...ECA0QBA&biw=1280&bih=578#imgrc=Zh91OcmO_akmAM:

http://travellogs.us/2014 Logs/Colorado/2014-CO-1 Legends Highway/2014-CO-1a Hwy-Legends places .htm

RiderJohn will grab it in a few weeks for everyone when he gets back from Europe, no need to panic.
    And y'all wont have to worry about me as well anymore, I'm moved out of state. Enjoy!
    ibgary likes this.
  4. VonBiker

VonBiker Work sucks and then you RIDE!

Oddometer:
    You seemed to be very concerned about the rules when a certain photo file was used for a tag. In fact, you carried on quite a bit bit about it. And I'm not sure you didn't place it way down there just for spite based on your "adios" comment. That is how I read that.

You guys are funny. And pretty much reacted to my question like I figured you would.

I'll admit I suck at trying to find tags on Google. And I was really hoping it was much closer when I woke up the thread after considerable inactivity. I like the game and hope it continues.
    ibgary likes this.
  5. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf High functioning sociopath

Oddometer:

Wha?

Where are you off too?

And when will you be back? Colorado is one of those places you can't just leave behind. Charlie and I both have experience moving out of state.

We're back.
    Charleetho likes this.
  6. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Boring. :snore

EDIT: Also means I have about Zero chance of getting it if it is say up in Longmont or down in CoSprgs because the local taggers in those areas will snap it up before I could get there because it was too easy. Having obscure tags that take a little time to find and need to be researched even the playing field a bit due to the widespread geography of where we all live. :beer
  7. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    I don't know where you went, but when I heard where Charlie went I checked Vegas to see if they had odds on how long he would stay. I was hoping they did 'cuz I would've bet every penny I had that he would be back. :lol3 There is a lot I do like about Omaha and Nebraska in general, just not enough to live there all year. Have ya'll heard NE latest slogan? It used to be "The Good Life" but everyone disses the state so bad and makes fun of it and the people that choose to live there that they changed their slogan this past year to, "Nebraska, it's not for everyone." :jack That is so true and will probably last a long time.
    Bad Wolf likes this.
  8. atokad

atokad wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer:
    Hey Page 777, this one's for Oldman777!:drink
    Charleetho and Assfault like this.
  9. Bad Wolf

Oddometer:

I got packed up and moved by my employer to Oregon. Managed to survive two years before my options were quit and walk away from a job and house in middle of a recession...or eat my gun.

Oregon was beautiful, but I couldn't tolerate living there.
  10. VonBiker

VonBiker Work sucks and then you RIDE!

Oddometer:
    Glad you didn't eat your gun!
  11. Bad Wolf

Oddometer:
    Ditto.
  12. Assfault

Oddometer:
    I'm one of the few Colorado natives, never lived out of state before, except my previous traveling for work and a stint in the Navy.
    South central/eastern Michigan, I couldn't pass up this cushy gig.
    Remoteish location, have my company truck, drive my area and take care of the company assets, the boss is in another town a few hours away.
    Union job, 3 weeks of vacation plus holidays to start, solid company.
    I look @ it as an opportunity to ride different areas that were to far to access from Colorado easily.
    The Great Lakes region to the north, the Blue Ridge Mountains to the south. I can get to either one in less than a 1/2 days ride.
    I didn't sell my townhouse in Pueblo, so i'll be back after I squirrel enough away to retire in 10/12 years or so.
    Enjoy your vacation from me, nothing good lasts forever.:D
    RLK, MurphCO, atokad and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bad Wolf

Oddometer:
    Good luck you FF. See you when you return.
    Assfault likes this.
  14. Assfault

Oddometer:
    You must of missed me placing the Tag in Wyoming at the Ames Monument this summer on purpose, to show my disdain for not following rules.
    There was quite the discussion, and quite humorous I might add. Accusations of hypocrisy and misdeeds, which was precisely my point.
    After that, I bowed out of playing for a spell, it just wasn't the same since, and play slowed to a crawl, even in the ROF.
    I think when the Tags started getting counted, the game turned into a contest and ruined it.
    It went from a riding event to a competition event, and things started going sour.

As far as the recent location, I have placed the TOR in worse spots to grab.
    Top of Mosquito Pass, the old stone house off of Hwy 50 in Penrose, & Lake Dorothy to name a few.
    2Tonic had to ride into NM and up Sugarite Canyon to get to it as that was the only access.
    Clever, evil genius, mischievous perhaps, but in this case it was where I was riding that day.
    Hasta luego!
    Blakebird likes this.
  15. MurphCO

MurphCO Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Old stone house off HWY 50 was a good one I thought, forced me to figure out how to get to it

Plus the piss bottle bonus
    riderjohn likes this.
  16. Deano955

Deano955 Insatiable

Oddometer:
    Good luck in MI! I grew up there.

Edit: MI is beautiful (as you know) but sadly, you're not likely to find twisty roads for your Ducati in MI. Good thing you're looking elsewhere. :deal
    Assfault likes this.
  17. Skunk-Works

Skunk-Works Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I thought Assfault's current tag was easy to find using his clues given.
    I found it probably within 5 minutes the day he posted it, using Google Maps.
    I just haven't had a dry day with enough free-time to go get it. I don't like riding in salt-spray either :(
    MurphCO, Deano955 and Assfault like this.
  18. Charleetho

Charleetho Mr. Zoom Zoom

Oddometer:
    We need more riding and less talking. Somebody go get it.
  19. Pdrhound

Pdrhound Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    how many pages do i have to go back to find the damn tag?!?!?!?!?!?!
  20. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
    None, you can find it on this page.