Colorado Mines GPX File (Basecamp & 276Cx)

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Rockies' started by Antikid, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I made this when I was going on my trip (link to RR: https://advrider.com/f/threads/heading-west-for-some-exploration-with-my-son.1321630/)
    and figured I would share it.
    I can also share the excel file I used to edit it all so basecamp liked the file, if you want. I did have to import 7 different files or basecamp would crash, then exported the gpx that is attached.

My son really liked the thought of seeing old mines. I found a large database and massaged it to work with my 276Cx using the mine image. It worked great.
    I added "MINE" to the beginning of all of the points, which cut some of the names off, but we weren't really interested in that, so it didn't matter to us.
    We just liked to know where to look to see one. It worked great btw. There were a lot that you couldn't see anything, but also a lot that you could, and it was tons of fun to try to find them riding around.

There are 8413 waypoints and I think I got the original download from https://www.expertgps.com/data/co/mines.asp but I sort of remember being on some hiker dudes old ass site.

CO-Mines Basecamp.jpg

Attached Files:

2. advNZer?

advNZer? Long timer

Oddometer:
    you can also edit files using notepad.What do you edit?
  3. Antikid

Antikid Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was MUCH easier to edit in excel. I can't upload the excel file, but here is a screen shot of what I did.

CO Mines Excel.jpg
  4. RedRover_CO

RedRover_CO Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the mines map. Added to my GE overlays, though it does bog things down juuuuuust a bit. :)
    Antikid likes this.