Colorado Moto Trip 2021

Discussion in 'Americas' started by WMD, May 31, 2021.

1. WMD

WMD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Colorado either Aug or Sept this summer and I'd love to get some advice from others who have or people who actually live and ride there. Trails, roads, accommodations and whether Aug of Sept matters for that fact. I was out there solo a few years ago and hit a little singletrack in Crested Butte, the Alpine Loop in Silverton and the Bachelors Loop in Wheeler. I'm headed out ahead of her and would love to get my 690 on some more advanced trail before she flys out to join me. She rides a new 390 Adventure and is a bit green but can handle most things that bike is designed for, she would love the Alpine Loop I know. So any advice on stuff for my abilities and then hers would be awesome. I'm also not opposed to hiring a guide if one can be recommended.
  2. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    WMD likes this.
  3. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm between boulder/denver, latter sept is the best, getting out of monsoon season, cooler days, 70s/80s, not as many mosquitoes, beautiful
  4. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never been disappointed in late September. Slightly quieter trails, great colours.
  5. HellsAlien

HellsAlien a has-been that never-was Supporter

Oddometer:
    Put Mount Evans on your list of day rides: https://www.colorado.com/byways/mount-evans

Highest paved road in North America. The top part closes on Labor Day weekend, so plan accordingly.

Gnarly 2-track from Leadville area NW towards Galena Mountain, nice little lake up there. 10th Mountain Division used to winter train up there.

Colorado is a big place!