Compatible mounts

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by 64deville, Apr 7, 2019.

1. 64deville

64deville Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am wanting to upgrade to a Nav vi or Zumo 595. Right now I use a Zumo 660 and have mounts on several of my bikes so I don't want to change all mounts if not needed. All I want is power to unit. Will the new gps's mount and power up on my mount
  2. FJ-2112

FJ-2112 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m in identical position, have Zumo 660 considering 595. The power pins on backs of units are different, I’ve searched for an adapter to connect 660 cradle to 595 unit without success. I can’t face the rewiring job that would be required if I change from the 660.
  3. lkraus

lkraus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shortly after I got my Zumo 595, I took apart the mount to see what was involved with removing some unused audio wires from the harness.
    All the connections matched this pinout for the 660:
    [​IMG]

Just last week @Englishmatt confirmed that he can freely mix-n-match his 665 and Nav VI in their mounts with no problems.

FWIW, I ended up keeping all of the wiring harness for the 595 mount. The unused audio/microphone connectors are coated in dielectric grease and taped in a bundle under my fairing. The USB connection is very handy for charging my cell phone and SMH10, and lives in my glove compartment.
  4. gianttrack

gianttrack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have tried to find a Zumo 660 mount to use my Nav V on another bike. Unfortunately, they are discontinued and the best price I can find is $175 on eBay. If anyone has found a source at the original price (roughly $60) or has a used one available, I would love to hear about it.
    Dave