Conchscooter Nearly Bites The Dust

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by conchscooter, Aug 31, 2018.

1. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have to plan a vast circular ride then. Very good. You are all under threat of a visit. 16AFEA9B-F284-4C6A-BC8F-972442866A74.jpeg When I’ve finished running errands.
  2. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If we are in town the guest room and a space in the garage is yours.
    conchscooter likes this.
  3. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure what I think but an Italian motorcycle magazine says Audi is pushing Ducati to build a scooter and there are plans to show a 400cc electric hybrid scooter at EICMA this Fall. 80hp sold as a Ducati and an Audi they say. Rumors...
    CC073D60-7A6B-48A9-A62D-5E01958025CE.jpeg
  4. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:

I see what's getting conchscooter up at 5:12 a.m.!:rofl:rofl:rofl
    Hot new scoots...

My THR doc required a couple hour prep instructive class for all (first time) THR patients which turned out to be folks from a number of docs grouped together. It is taught by my docs nurse who manages his practice and the go too contact before and after surgery.
    Water exercise sounds like a good idea. Has your doc talked about dental work post surgery? There is much ado in health provider circles about how you cannot get your teeth cleaned or any invasive dental work and a few other things, after THR. I use the U of KY dental college for me dental work and they are as you'd expect state of the art sort of place. Even there I run into mixed opinions on getting my teeth cleaned as the lab professors vary from visit to visit but I get services from the same student until they graduate. I was forced to take an anti-biotic prior to several cleanings by two diff. profs.. I went to my ortho doc and after discussion he provided me with a letter of treatment protocol as agreed upon by his professional association. They do not see a need for any particular concern unless the patient has poor dental health in a way that leads to infections.My dental concerns are age (pre-flouride generation & being simply old ) and trauma related from getting smacked in the mouth too much. I now am not forced to take unnecessary antibiotics when I get my teeth cleaned.
    Brought up for the Capt'n plus I wonder if conchscooter, what with metal "hip hardware" in there, gets the hassle over the teeth cleanings?
  5. av8erdunn

av8erdunn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, they were very leery after I had metal put in my back and neck from having too much fun when I was younger. I am only 36 but my gosh this crap hurts! Had three back surgeries and one neck surgery by the time I was 34 and I am sure this isn’t the end. Oh well, gotta keep going! LOL.... one thing is for sure, I had a lot of fun growing up.
    Glad to see you getting around better Conch.
  6. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    Wandering (but based in the Tropical Tip of Texas)
    One of the questions I was asked at the internist was about any recent dental procedure. Nope. No further mention. My only dental issues have been from fillings put in 40 years ago, resulting in a couple crowns. I was pleased the blood tests showed normal for kidneys and liver - I've taken a lot of ibuprofen in the last few years. Which leads me to ask Michael what he's been using for pain during his recovery?
  7. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    FWIW Ducati has made a scooter in the past, okay distant past but I’ve seen it in the Piaggio museum.
  8. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dentist gives me antibiotics for tooth cleaning. Scooter content: 66ED148D-6509-4F3B-AA10-29420F3E941A.jpeg
    kpinvt, Bar None, MYUMPH and 2 others like this.
  9. Wentwest

Wentwest How's that work?

Oddometer:
    I always ride my scooter when I go to the dentist. So far the only hardware in my body is in my teeth. But if Tiger Woods can win the Masters after 3 surgeries and a spinal fusion .... so can you. I expect great things from all my bionic scooter friends.
    conchscooter and klaviator like this.
  10. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's great to know. Now I just have to learn how to play golf!:imaposer( emojii include for the humorly challenged-lesson learned)
    kpinvt and conchscooter like this.
  11. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    I haven't played golf since my early 20s. I was working for a company; the manager asked me if I had ever played golf... "Well, I knocked a ball around at a little par 3 golf course when I was in high school, but no, not real-"

He said, "Good - you're representing the company in a golf tournament this weekend." I explained that I didn't own any clubs, and had no skills - apparently, that didn't matter. Neither did the fact that it was my only weekend off that month. The weather was crap. The other business people playing in the tournament took it very seriously. I finished second to last... I beat a guy who was deaf, dumb, crippled, and blind... and I had to cheat to do it. (yes, that's a joke) I rate golf right up there with getting dental work done, only more boring. I'd rather be riding my scooter.
    Tromper, minimac, Wentwest and 2 others like this.
  12. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    My dentist "used to" give me antibiotics for teeth cleaning until I got "the letter". :nod
    Conchscooters geting feisty, that's good.:nod
  13. nick949eldo

nick949eldo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Michael, when you pack for your 'grand tour' don't forget to pack your passport. I'm only a few miles north of the border wall.

Nick
    conchscooter and klaviator like this.
  14. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really Jim.
    Everything in it's place.
    Anytime I'm restless and can't sleep I turn on the golf channel & Voila!.

15. minimac

minimac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I need a nap it's either golf or baseball on the tube and I'm out in 3 minutes.
    Wentwest likes this.
  16. Wentwest

Oddometer:
    Baseball on the radio in the garage when I'm working on some project or other. It's just enough company, but you don't have to listen at all.
  17. Wentwest

Oddometer:
    By the way, I want to go on record that I'm really pleased that this thread is slowly fading from popularity. It means the drama of @conchscooter getting t-boned and flying through the air has finally gotten to the last pages of the last act, and with a really good outcome.
    larryboy and CaptnJim like this.
  18. CaptnJim

CaptnJim Scooter Pilot

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to the "Conchscooter's Next Scooter Adventure" thread! When the time is right.
  19. Wentwest

Oddometer:
    I'm looking forward to your next adventure thread, too. Press on regardless! This is going to work.
  20. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it time to let this fade away? E03A7DDC-CC28-4868-97C3-9C6886DC0788.jpeg
    I’m riding again! Your support(Eric!) has made all this possible.
    Roqon, Sal Pairadice, kpinvt and 13 others like this.