Continental divide Rawhyde adventure tour

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Kmendez, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Kmendez

Kmendez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone done this with Rawhyde adventures ?
    If so
    How was your experience ?
    How was the camping experience with them, etc ?

Planning on doing this tour in August 1-11 Helena Montana to Albuquerque NM
  2. gonzomup

gonzomup ChainGang Recidivist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I did one of their classes (in CO) and was on their CA ranch for a few days. The food, organization, and arrangements were excellent. Jim and his gang pride themselves on delivering a top-notch experience across the board. Yes, his trips are spendy, but you get a lot for it and about all you have to do it show up and ride.
    AndyTAZ and bauerboy like this.
  3. Kmendez

Kmendez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have done two tours with them the california tour and Baja tour but I haven’t done any camping tours yet
    And that’s what I would like to find out
  4. enrich

enrich Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did their Base Camp Alpha after the intro class back in March. BCA was only 1 night of camping, but experience was outstanding. Not sure if thy'd have the same setup for what you're planning, but I can't imagine them being any less detail oriented.
  5. DesertGoat

DesertGoat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any comments on the BAJA Adventure tour? Bang for the buck, routes, pampered or hardcore??? Im thinking to do it in the future, also GPSKevin has Baja tours... prices are a bit different... thanks
  6. SFDemo

SFDemo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ll follow this, as I’m wanting to do a trip and buy a bike in 2022 February where I do training and Baja for my 60th.
  7. jaystonewee

jaystonewee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have no direct experience with the Rawhyde tours, but have taken 2 rides with Dusty Wessels of West38Moto who I believe he was an instructor with Rawhyde. Rode the COBDR with him last year, and did Northern Baja Mexico with him earlier this April. The COBDR was basically an ADV crash course with 4 riders and on the trail training. Dusty provided the knowledge and we provided the laughs. The Baja ride was a fully setup tour by West38Moto, with a lag-wagon and accomodations setup for the duration.

BOTH were excellent. If you aren't finding what you are looking for off the shelf, it wouldn't hurt to ask if something could be tailored to your wants/expectations. W38M does that exceptionally well.
    West38Moto likes this.
  8. Kmendez

Kmendez Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Baja tour was interesting
    We had probably too many riders for my liking 21 I believe
    And too much disparity in riding abilities which made it very challenging on the second day as we crossed la sierras with really Difficult terrain mud and sand left behind 4 injured and retired
    We had at least other 10-15 visiting the ground one way or the other and 70 miles turned into an 10 hour tour
    So no too pampered
    Hotels were on the rough side
    And coyote cal more of an adventure with large room with bunk beds
    But overall a great experience
    Support van and truck with luggage
    Plenty of water and always willing to give a hand and provide a laugh and a smile
    Well worth doing it at least once.
    I would have preferred if they would have split the riders in two groups based on riding ability since the faster riders suffered the slower pace and the slower riders stressed as well
    The whale watching experience was unique and amazing
    Food was excellent as well nothing fancy and many times we ate street tacos in the middle of the toad but those were the best ones
    The views all around are absolutely gorgeous and awe inspiring
  9. West38Moto

West38Moto Ride and Discover

Oddometer:
    Wow, thanks for that awesome recommendation! It sounds like @Kmendez is all set for the ride coming up, but we always have great tours scheduled, and we do private, specially designed tours also! Feel free to get in contact with us anytime with questions --> Contact West 38 Moto

You can always check here for tours that are already on the schedule, too! West 38 Moto Tours

Thanks again for the mention! Hope to see you all out on the trails...

The West 38 Moto Team
    www.West38Moto.com