Continental Divide Ride

Discussion in 'Americas' started by StromNTom, Jun 12, 2012.

1. rockitman4x4

rockitman4x4 ol retread

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of early July. South to North. I've been reviewing weather data and it shows thats about the best time for good riding temperature some of the time and the best chance to miss some of the rain. Its either going to be hot and dry or cold and wet or something in the middle. Roads over the passes should all be open. Good guess as any. We'll see ya on the trail.
  2. KTM Mike

KTM Mike Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife and I will be doing a portion (we are doing it in bits and pieces due to time constraints) of the CDT in late July. Will be riding from Banff down to Moran Junction Wy. Should be in Banff around 7/22. Two up on a burgundy and black Vstrom. Say hi if you see us along the way!

FWIW - we did Moran Junction to Steamboat Lake last summer - followed Cannonshots GPS tracks. Had a blast.
  3. nelsonmcewan

nelsonmcewan n00b

Oddometer:
    I plan to ride south crisscrossing the Rockies this summer 2015. Jasper to Santa Fe. I went over Beartooth Pass with my wife and new daughter in a sidecar in 1980. Three times; it was so much fun. I've wanted to do it again ever since......

Aging kiwi, KLR, sticking to tarmac while solo. No schedule, though expect to depart Jasper around Aug 26, and spend 30 days pleasing myself where i go. Will camp/motel 60/40.

Would enjoy hearing from anyone who wants to meet up, or ride with me, for a portion.

Any and all advice is welcome. ... ;-)

Nelson