Continental Divide route from Santa Fe to Boulder ,Lyons help

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Rockies' started by skwatr, Jul 26, 2019.

1. skwatr

skwatr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings,
    I am riding the TAT westbound. tropical storm Barry arrived and I jumped on the highway through Oklahoma and am in the mountains of Pecos,NM. I am trying to get a route to boulder / lyons, CO riding the continental divide Route from Santa fe.

its like Appolla 13, I have a borrowed macbook air, internet in an off grid cabin, a garmin 595 LM and a few blank micro sd cards. I have a card reader that only plugs into my iphone. I am heading into santa fe today to see if i can pick up a card reader.

I want to download a route ( follow the magic blue line)

Can anyone help me download the files and load onto a micro SD card that i can plug into my garmin?

I would think this would be easy? i havnt had the time for the learning curve, but i have time on the trail now and a sweet place to figure it out.

Of course I want to leave tomorrow, saturday. it is what it is.

I am on a Husqvarna 701 enduro and would like to stay in the woods ,dirt ,rocks as much as possible.

I have camping gear and have been living in the woods for the last month. 5 gallons of fuel about 220 mile range. safe side.

I will pick the TAT back up in CO and complete the trail to port orford, OR. hen ride back through OR, ID,WY ending at the KTM Rally in Breckenridge. With my soon to be acquired GPS skills I will be able to load routes for the last leg of the trip. Well the last leg will probably be back home to Sarasota,FL from Breckenridge. tried to have my truck shipped to CO but its more that $1200.00. Killing it on the single thumper!

Might be premature but i want to buy the guys in Mattighofen a round of beers for making a great machine!

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank You
    Finn
    msjesscat likes this.
  2. daddytall

daddytall Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did you die yet?
  3. Appalachian Twin

Appalachian Twin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sir,
    Looks like you found this thread
    I was gonna send you a link but you're smarter than rocket science
    Best of luck to you
    At least you have a camp hammer
    Peace:1drink:1drink
  4. skwatr

skwatr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This wouldn't be happening if I was on an africa twin. Holy learning curve. stuck in NM trying to load a damn route. I must be making this harder than necessary!
  5. Appalachian Twin

Appalachian Twin Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Check for a short between the handlebar and the foot pegs.:pynd
  6. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    It has been a couple days but I just saw this. I don't know anything about the Garmin GPS you have. I have a Montana.
    On the Montana one loads routes, tracks, and waypoints in .gpx files to the folder Garmin\GPX. This folder is critically important.

You can probably do that with a card reader attached to your phone.
    I have copied .gpx files to and from an SD card using a card reader on an Anroid phone and have been able to use them in both places.