Convert GDB to GPX

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Rockies' started by tonyd48, May 9, 2014.

1. tonyd48

tonyd48 Back to 1wheel drive

Oddometer:
    Received two files for a ride tomorrow 5/10/14 but they were created in MapSource and saved as GDB files. I have a TomTom and use Tyre neither of which can "read" a GDB file but are seamless with a GPX file. I tried Base Camp but unable to access the GDB as Open is not an option and Import is greyed out. I can open the gdb in Google earth but cannot figure out how to save as a gpx file from Google earth. Anyone with the knowhow for Base Camp or MapSource who can crack & Save As and select the GPX option greatly appreciated. The ride is a mix of asphalt/gravel tracing an old stage trail/toll road behind Pikes Peak, Colorado. Unable to attach since they are not gpx which is the entire purpose of this exercise so I've posted them online at my site, goto: http://www.tonydmarketingwizard.com/scoot/ and you'll see the fold "tracks", don't know if be able to access this way but worth a try.
    Thanks;
  2. NorthernTraveler

NorthernTraveler Long time Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. byways

byways byways

Oddometer:
    If you can open it in Google Earth, perhaps you can select what you want to convert from the list on the left ...

... do a File/Save place as ...

choose KML (KMZ is the compressed version); save to a folder/drive.

Open BaseCamp;

select My Collection;

under File, choose Import into My Collection (or a new folder);

navigate to the KML file(s) you want, select it, choose "open" and import it into BaseCamp.

Let us know if this works. Or not!
  4. wbbnm

wbbnm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think if you create and/or select a folder in Basecamp you can read the gpd file into that folder using "File\Import into...". Then you could save the folder as a gpx using File\Export.
  5. stickman1432

stickman1432 Crusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So.Cal.& St George UT-Baja-riding anywhere
    Save it as the gdb file and then go to http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ and then pick the convert a file in the upper center top and there you go it is done.
    justlookin likes this.
  6. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Bookmark
  7. GetBackOn

GetBackOn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The free version of ArcGIS online may do it. DNRGarmin is shapefile mostly but it may do gdb and is free. It can save to it says .handy program
    If those don't work I can do it for you.